• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pushing

blackGt

Veteran
What causes my 06 Gt to push hard in the corners? Stock skis, Woody's doolies and 192 picks!
Any help would be great.

stock ski's with woody doolies....

look for the previous posts on loosening up your front springs,take your limiter strap up to at least the 2nd from top hole is for starters..

then if you need more bite get some real ski's like a c&a,pilot,simmon's,slydog etc...

blackGt said:
What causes my 06 Gt to push hard in the corners? Stock skis, Woody's doolies and 192 picks!
Any help would be great.

192 studs is the issue!....when you stud heavily like this,you kill top end speed and it wont turn!

now you need to compensate with a ton of carbide...stock skis blow.

IMO studding any sled like this for trails makes it handle like crapola...only time 192 studs is ever needed IMO is if you drag race alot...other then drag racing,192 is just gonna hurt handling and kill top end....

most all apex guys run 144 up middle....I only run 96 in middle and LOVE how my sled is on trails....and I can still pull hard holeshots,just need to be sharp studs and proper transfer..and I only run a 1 inch track!

adding in some chisels can really help for ice runs too!

If it were my sled...id pull out all those outer studs(assuming you studded outer part of track)....and reduce to 144 studs max....adding pilot skis with 6 inch shaper bars is the ticket.

Dan

Doolys pack snow between the 2 bars and you will push in corners.The more aggressive you ride in corners the worse the push.
Pull up strap 1 hole.
6 inch shaper bars are good on mine with stock ski's shimmed.
For regular trail riding you don't need more than 120-144 studs.I only run studs when doing radar runs.Trail riding I have no studs and 7.5 bars going on when current 6 inch bars wear out.
Very little darting and it turns just fine with these bars on.

With 192 studs your rear is over powering the front.
Search around for posts about aftermarket ski's if thats what you want.

Get rid of the dualies. They push badly on every sled..

get some 8 inch carbides and shim the skis.. or upgrade to some better skis.. (C@A or doo pilots)

192 studs isnt helping either.. they dont allow the rear end to swing around the corners!

Yep...what these guys have already said! I have 144 studs up the middle and run 8" woody d's. No darting but a little push in corners. If there is any darting then it isnt worse than any sled I have ever owned before. My sled tends to push a bit in the corners still but I think I have it set-up pretty close to wear I want it. I still have a little trial and error to go. As sj mentioned...I am gonna start loosening up my front springs little by little to see if I can get some more bite that way. I have also noticed when I soften the rear suspension(06 ApexER-dial on tunnel) I can get through the tight twisties and corner as a whole better.

You didnt post what size duallys you have...I am guessing you need to have the 10" with that amount of studs.

I just wrote a post about my sled's handling sucking, and I thought I'd need different skis to get it much better. Before doing that I wore out stock carbides, so I swapped for Woodies 8" carbides, and the improvement was HUGE. Start there. I'm not concerned anymore about new skis....

I running 8" shaper bars on stock skis... and on hard pack icy now it rails... however on freshly groomed loose snow the handling sucks. What would be a good ski that does it all?

nb-viper said:
I running 8" shaper bars on stock skis... and on hard pack icy now it rails... however on loose fresh groomed loose snow the handling sucks. What would be a good ski that does it all?

I also see the exact same thing viper...hard pack/no problem...groomed loose snow/sucks as you mentioned.

Many people mention using the Pilot ski's.

pilot's and simmons work on hardpack best...neither is going to grab the snow in the loose sloppy stuff ....a deep keeled ski' is what works...

something like a c&a

I had the stock suckola skis on my new warior on weds. put a set of C&A razors with 6 inch C&A carbides, and what a difference. No darting, and way better cornering. Viper Dave had slydog powder hounds with bergstom tripple bars, and he out cornered me, and familyman with his pilots. He out ran us on the straights though too, LOL Maxdlx

I had dualies on my Apex. They were way better than stock but did push a lot. I went with Slydogs, 6" carbides, and ski savers. All for the cost of 3 sets of dualies. They are great skis. Light/moderate steering, only push when really aggressive, and no noticable darting. And, they look pretty cool too!

:nos :nos :nos

Attachments

• Picture049.jpg
    Picture049.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 92

Back