• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on clutching

gnip134

Expert
My sled is stock in the clutching dept. I want to know if it is worth spending the money on a stage 3 from Ulmer.

I don't run studs and didn't know if it is worth while upgrading the clutch without having studs.

I have never bothered clutching any sled I have owned and I am pretty much in the dark on the benifits/drawbacks to doing this.

Any input would be great!

:rocks:

Go for it. The Rage is down 25 HP on a Warrior runnig the same track for bite. If the warrior hooks up, why not throw some more aggressive clutching at the Rage. Sure its gonna spin more on low traction surfaces like ice, but it does that now, right?? Go for it man. Ulmer's stuff seems to work wonders for guys on here.

Any efficiency you can gain in the CVT is beneficial. Clutching modifications can help you obtain this. If you leave it stock, then you save some money and retain the performance you are used to.

IMO: If you are serious about clutching with an Ulmer kit, then I would indeed talk to Allen about what you are looking to improve first. Keep in mind that you aren't just buying the parts - you are buying help in dialing it in.

As for studs: They are a safety device that help you maintain control in sometimes unpredictible situations. You won't feel the added benefits of the studs in loose conditions, or the clutching mods on ice or hard-pack without them. This can be a real blast at times. Sometimes studs can make a difference by themselves.

Back