• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quiet in here - Post your 2012 Mods

knocksum

Extreme
It is quiet in here. I know these sleds are still running strong. My 03 still makes me smile. Still the funnest sled to mod. Just keep chalking up miles. Love this engine.

Mods for this season included:

- Wildchild rider forward
- ditched the simmons gen IIs for yamaha mountain skis
- GSXR K3 Titanium Muffler gutted custom exhaust.
- Mounted my 2008 float suspension down an inch in the front mount. Transfer is back.
- Taking off my 54/42 Dalton and silver secondary spring for a 39 straight and white. The dalton and silver works great for flatland riding. Specially the hardpack. Too aggressive in the mountains. Also tried the shockwave dual angle but that thing is way too aggressive for mountain riding. I need backshift!

Going out in a few days cant wait! Still a hillclimbing beast for a 151. 162 next year?

I haven't touched the RX1M to mod it in ages. I have been too busy modding the Nytro MTX 153. I will get to more stuff on the RX when I get the chance someday.

I just received my RXM undertunnel exhaust and blockoff plate today. I have an apex seat so that will be my next project. I have a spare tank cover to cut to size.

I also want to do Sled dog's air box mod and jetting. I also want to build a carb synch to synchronize the carbs. I need to do some clutching since I now have slight over rev at top end ever since I put my spare 1.25 Ripsaw back on with 23 tooth top gear. I had a 21 top tooth with my 2" challenger, but the challenger would fly apart at high speed so I had to take it off in fear the track would blow off and do some major damage.

I just need to find the time and don't want the sled to be down at all this winter.

knocksum, what suspension are you running? You relocated the front holes up into the tunnel or down toward the ground to get your transfer back? Mine is not transferring at all ever since I installed the M8 suspension. Don't know what to do to increase the transfer.

I am just waiting on parts to get the coolant leak fixed in my RX1M. My next thing to do for this sled is to find some wider a arms and put the oilite bushings in need more stability in the fields going to fast lol.

RX1MPete. Ya lower the front mount down an inch and your transfer will be back. These cat skids sit way too low in the tunnel for our high front ends. I didn't notice any extra trenching as I lowered the front spring pressure as well.

Sled Dog. I installed the 41 inch holz a arms and did oilite bushings. Not sure if I like it. Very stable doing any trail riding (no sway bar). A little more work to get a sidehill. Maybe we can work a trade? I might want to go back to 39 at seasons end. I am going to try it a few more times and back off my front springs a bit.

Sled, I have a set of wide a-arms that were installed on my RX1M when I bought it from the dealer. It was a demo model RX1M with wide front end and reverse. When I bought it, I took the wide arms off right away and installed the original narrow set that came with the sled uninstalled. You need a set of shocks also because they are different length. I have the shocks also.

A-arms are in excellent shape. The shocks I am guessing 2-3000kms. They are stock shocks.

knocksum said:
RX1MPete. Ya lower the front mount down an inch and your transfer will be back. These cat skids sit way too low in the tunnel for our high front ends. I didn't notice any extra trenching as I lowered the front spring pressure as well.

Sled Dog. I installed the 41 inch holz a arms and did oilite bushings. Not sure if I like it. Very stable doing any trail riding (no sway bar). A little more work to get a sidehill. Maybe we can work a trade? I might want to go back to 39 at seasons end. I am going to try it a few more times and back off my front springs a bit.

Ok sounds like that will work unless I find some in the meantime.

knocksum,

I haven't looked under the tunnel of the RX in a while, but I assume there is a reinforcement plate inside the tunnel to allow a hole to be drilled an inch down?? I want to do this mod asap since I have absolutely zero transfer. I put custom spindles and tucked the suspension in my tunnel of my Nytro MTX. It transfers beautifully now. It reminded me today how bad my RXM transfers...well like I said it doesn't transfer at all.

What I did is removed the stock outside plate. Picked up some aluminum and made the plate bigger to extend down. When you drill the bottom hole you actually drill through a cooler bracket. Which actually makes it pretty strong. You could make an extra bracket for the inside if you are worried about it.

Before in the stock hole I had about 1 inch of ski lift. Great for drag racing or lake racing. Now with it mounted down about 1 1/8 th inch down, I have about 4 inch of ski lift with the center shock very soft. If i tightened up the center shock I could get 6 inches of lift for sure. Not to mention the suspension works 10 times better. You can run a way softer rear shock.

Do you happen to have any pics??

I was hoping to get away with just drilling a couple of holes. This will have to wait since I have no heat in my garage. I have been working all December all bundled up working on my Nytro and I had enough of freezing to death.

What skid are you running exactly?

I am running a 2008 M8 skid with Fox Zero Pros.

I am running a 2008 float sno pro skid. Originally it was a 162 but i bought the 2010 141 crossfire rails and bolt it up. I took out the fox shocks and found a set of used zbros. Very comfortable now. I'll try and grab pics. It didn't take me very long.

I'm still running the same basic sled that I started with in 03. I have changed the turbo system three times and currently am running my own version of an Impulse midmount turbo system. I made the header and downpipe and mde a Rev seat and tank fit fairly good on my chassis. I even managed to keep the RX1 tank cover with some modifications.
29nuz55.jpg

Ken.................

Nice setup givemeabost.

A friend was trying to get me to do something similar (he's a Ski-Doo guy, but I still like him in spite of his character flaw) but I didn't think it would look good. Guess I was wrong.

Back