• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

R.A.P. TOUR

lucky_twin

Veteran
This up coming weekend (weather and trails permiting) We are looking to do the RAP (round algonquin park) tour. I am hoping to start my trip near Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Onario area.
I am having trouble finding a place to park the truck and trailer for the few days as I dont know the area. If anyone knows of a carpool lot or hotel that could accomidate this would be great.

Thanks in advance
Henry

there is a marks work wearhouse plaza on the 118 west side of bracebridge right by the trail, might be able to leave trailer there for a few days

There is a spot in Gravenhurst. Looked like a Municipal Lot? Wife said there was a sign "snowmobile parking". When you exit highway 400 (coming from Toronto) into Gravenhurst. Go straight. The lot is on the right at the set of lights. You may want to call the Municipal office there for info?
I always wanted to do that tour?
Good Luck

If you are taking the the "B" trail across, there is a detour at Madawaska. The signage says follow the arrows, except the arrow points south. DO NOT follow the highway(523) south like the sign says. Immediately after crossing Hwy 60 turn east, in about 300 meters there is a Hwy bridge, cross that then cross the HWY again at the 1st driveway on left. It will take you right back to the rail bed. I did the RAP tour last weekend, we and and several other groups were mixed up here. Had to ask directions from the store. Also when you go through the Dorset area make sure you have your map or GPS handy. There are several intersections with no signage and others that had arrows pointing the wrong way. Some locals got us down to the B trail. Apparently the signs have been replaced and they keep disappearing shortly after. There is some road running in the Trout Creek area. All in all it was a fun trip that we plan to do again next year.

if you go on freedom sledder in the ontario area, there are a few RAP tour threads. let me know how it is, as i will be leaving in 2 weeks to do the RAP

I went two weeks ago. I would guess it's pretty bare around Pembroke. I would stay overnight in Pettawawa and avoid Pembroke.

We did it in three days leaving from Bracebridge. A friend of mine a few years ago did it in 1 day by himself. Left at 6am got back by midnight.

There are some great trails in the tour.

Hey Thanks for the parking info....we parked at Gull Lake for 5 days with out issue. The trip was good, the trails in Pembroke were a little bare and the river crossings wet. The logging roads around the Minden, coboconk and bracebridge area were very bare and muddy.
We took the club trails on the northside of hwy 17 from Northbay to Mattawa and they were great.

Over all a great trip!

Back