• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recreation Plus in Twin Lakes WI for Service

LuvMyWarrior

Extreme
Hello,

Anyone had service work done at Recreation Plus in Twin Lakes, WI? I am thinking of changing dealers after my spark plug debacle from previous dealer (over torqued and spark plug threads stuck in head - dealer in WI on trip fixed). It is either going to be Hammertime (doubtful), Recreation Plus or Highlands Yamaha for summerization.

Thanks!

Mark

When I lived in IL., I have used both Recreation Plus and Highlands. Both are great dealers IMO. Recreation Plus can be on the slower side since they are a smaller shop. I do highly recommend Highlands, Dan Koziol is a great guy to deal wit down there, there only downfall is location.

:yam:

All I can tell you is stay away from Hammertime! NEVER let them touch my sled. I drive to Byron IL for parts. I work at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere. That is all I need to say for Hammertime. Don't know about Twin Lakes and have only purchased stuff from Highlands online.

The only thing about Bob at Rec Plus is out of the 5 sleds I have bought there I have recieved a whopping $8 in warranty parts and spent approx. 4k in parts out of pocket. Talking with Kip at Pat's in Greenland MI majority of my parts should have been covered, he covered my suspension and donuts no charge, Bob said no way. Just my .02cents and past costs with Rec. Plus but they have always done good work for me as far as that goes.

I'm on board with Dave with this one. I wouldn't take anything to hammertime. I work on my own sleds but if i was to take it anywhere around here it would be Highlands. A man in my club to his sled to hammertime and by the time he made it home he could barely get it off the trailer. They messed up his o-rings in his float bowls on his warrior. Guess who had to fix it.

I wouldn't let any dealer work on anything of mine! Especially Highlands! Dan is an idiot! the only thing they are good for is Clothes! dan comes off as a nice guy but he really sticks it too you! It is obvious that they make thier money off of the unsuspecting/unknowing service customers!
there are plenty of guys on here that will be more than willing to help you with your projects and not ask for a dime in return, of course it is always nice to bring a case of beer or 2 with you to show appreciation!

I have only had Highlands change a couple of tracks under warranty. They did a great job got the sled to me back fast. Other than that thats about it.
My RX I got from Rec plus was used. Bob said when the sled was put away for the summer anything that needed to be changed was. WHAT A JOKE. Carbs were filled with goo, rear axle wheel bearings were shot. The center wheel was off the bearing all together. ALL of the bushings in the rear skid were toast. They did put a new track in and reused the old worn out axle bearing for the speedo side. They also stripped the allen bolts the hold the bearing to the axle.
Soooo, if I had to choose between the 2 dealers I would have to choose Highlands. If a little bbit of a drive does not bother you check out Port Yamaha.

Even better yet. Try to work on your own stuff. As Sledheadd mentioned he would not take his sled to the dealer. Either do I

As you should see by now their enough us close to that could give you a hand if needed. Your 15 minutes from me. Beer is cheaper than labor charges at the dealer.

I have had warranty work done by Bob's. I have been purchasing parts from him for 20 years. Bob is very knowledgeable about the sleds. Last year Bob diagnosed our ECU failure via telephone, seeing as we were on the trail in Houghton. I typically do my own work.

Recreation Plus or Nielsen enterprises they have really changed my mind with there new service guys over the last few years!

Back