• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rs nytro running out of fuel?!?

Hey guys my buddies sled wasnt running right the other day. It would run good then go to 2 cylinders then flip back and forth. He put new plugs in with no change. Took carbs off and had a yamaha mechanic take apart, clean and readjust(the one cylinder was out a bit). Got it back together and it runs great except when he is running 3/4 - full throttle over a distance (like a field) then it feels like it drops to 2 cylinders again. Stop and let it sit for a few seconds then it runs good again. Any suggestions? Fuel filter? Something in the tank?
This is his first 4 stroke coming off a rev and it hasn't been a good start for him! I told him to have some faith and we will get it figured out!

I know of a few guys with Arctic Cats that have had to redo the hoses(pickup) inside their tanks. Apparently our friend Ethanol is eating up the hoses while it sits for the off season... just a thought. Do a search in the AC group.

Ok so we dug into this a little more and turns out its not a fuel issue. We checked a bunch of stuff and even replaced the fuel tank filter. It still sputtered and wasnt running right. We thought maybe a bad plug cap so checked them all and thought we found a bad one but when we cross checked the cap by swapping it with another one we found it was the plug/wire that wasn't working?!? So that's as far as we got tonight with it and were not really sure where to go from here? Has anyone else experienced this? Oh and we noticed it gets worse as the sled warms up.

Back