• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder mountain track poll

What is the go-to track for deep snow?

• Camso Challenger X3.2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camso Challenger Extreme 2.5"

• Camso Conquer 260

• Camso Conquer 280

• Camso Epic 280

• Camso Peak 2.5

• Composit Tracks (specify)

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Norse

Pro
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2013 Arctic Cat M1100 HCR 162"
Boondocker turbo 250HP(sold)

2016 Yamaha SR Viper MTX LE 162"
MCXpress 270HP, lots of mods (sold)

2021 Arctic Cat M8000 Hardcore Alpha 155"
N/A (sold)

2023 Yamaha SW MTX LE 153"
M&M Racing 270HP, mods to come
2023 MTX 153” with 270 kit.
After 1200 brutal kms my 3" Powerclaw is ready to be swapped out.

I'm posting this poll, but also hoping for lots of feedback on different tracks.

Do the paddles flex, does the track trench, is it sturdy, how is the grip, half or full clipped, how much does weight matter, flotation, good for technical riding etc.

I don't always have deep snow, but I need a good track for those days.

I am in the market for one so I have gathered a lot of opinions and research on the subject and most have said that the challenger x3 or x3.2 are the best tracks for the sidewinder with the Powerclaw running up next.

The complaints people have is that Powerclaw has the best traction side hilling but it is too soft for the big HP motos so you run the risk of tearing lugs off easier.

The challenger x3 is best because it is a little stiffer

The x3.2 is the best for riding deep powder but that extra length basically folds over on anything hard so it turns into an ice skate on trails or hard pack.

I am also planning on replacing my track this year and will be buying the X3 track because mine does see some trail use and it is already a pig as it is without a slip and slide on the back.

Most of this is based off research so take it with a grain of salt. You might have better luck on the facebook pages since the mountain portion of this forum is pretty dead.

I am in the market for one so I have gathered a lot of opinions and research on the subject and most have said that the challenger x3 or x3.2 are the best tracks for the sidewinder with the Powerclaw running up next.

The complaints people have is that Powerclaw has the best traction side hilling but it is too soft for the big HP motos so you run the risk of tearing lugs off easier.

The challenger x3 is best because it is a little stiffer

The x3.2 is the best for riding deep powder but that extra length basically folds over on anything hard so it turns into an ice skate on trails or hard pack.

I am also planning on replacing my track this year and will be buying the X3 track because mine does see some trail use and it is already a pig as it is without a slip and slide on the back.

Most of this is based off research so take it with a grain of salt. You might have better luck on the facebook pages since the mountain portion of this forum is pretty dead.
Thanks for the feedback! I've used the X3 on a 162" Viper (and loved it) but unfortunately they don't make those for 153", that's why it's not included in this poll.

I'm interested in the X3.2, but not sure if the clearance is good enough for getting snow outta the tunnel.

Back