• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simon CPR Turbo Air Filter

muskrat

Pro
I keep cooking my K&N because it is mounted on the turbo. Anyone modified theirs? How big of an air filter do I need for 03 RX1 running 8-12 lbs? Thanks for help.

you need to get the filter away from the compressor housing, using silicone hose and aluminum tube, 3-4 inchs will work or more if you want to put it where it can get cooler air, just need to keep it from being connected directly to the housing. the compressor housing gets to hot for the filter flange material.

filter

Thanks, however there is not three inches to spare. Where did you locate the filter? I have no room. I could maybe slide my filter 1 inch forward , that's all though. I could use a 1700 filter, that is 4 inches instead of 5 inches long. How much silicone tubing can I run without it affecting performance. Will a 4 inch filter work or will it starve for air?

MM

I also did the same as snowy, my air filter sits behind the windshield. Got a muffler shop to bend a piece of exhaust pipe, used silcone hose at the turbo and put the air filter above the valve cover, then put an alu heat shield on the motor. I didn't fit the best, the the air filter lived.

I know it's kind of a pain in the butt but if the guys that have come up with a better way of to mount the filter could post some pictures it would be great.
thanks tk

if you look at the post titled a few pictures of my changes you will get an idea, its 8 post down fom this one. if you use a 90 degree elbow and direct it towards the chain case side it should work.

Here's how I did mine. I bought the parts for this from Dave @Powderlites. Pics are not up close but you get the idea

RX1M5

Attachments

• IMG_1294 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1294 (Small).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1296 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1296 (Small).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 86

Back