• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skidoo skis? Blade XC+ Anyone?

screnshaw400

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX 137
2012 Arctic Car XF1100 Turbo
Hi everyone,
First post and for some reason, the whole internets have nothing. My buddy has a lynx 3500 and while hanging out with him, we started talking sleds. I have an 18 ltx-dx and was initially looking into a pair of c&a pro xpt skis. He mentioned that he has his old skis and he told me if I want them, take them. I know skidoos skis have always had favorable reviews, so I figured I would do a bit of research. So low and behold, I have found absolutely nothing about the skis in fitment and running them on the yamaha sidewinder. So, anyone have any experience... or do I get to play guinea pig?

Hi everyone,
First post and for some reason, the whole internets have nothing. My buddy has a lynx 3500 and while hanging out with him, we started talking sleds. I have an 18 ltx-dx and was initially looking into a pair of c&a pro xpt skis. He mentioned that he has his old skis and he told me if I want them, take them. I know skidoos skis have always had favorable reviews, so I figured I would do a bit of research. So low and behold, I have found absolutely nothing about the skis in fitment and running them on the yamaha sidewinder. So, anyone have any experience... or do I get to play guinea pig?

You must not have searched too far on here. Tons of Winders run Doo skis. Its one of the most popular skis to run on a Winder. I happen to run the single keel Doo 5.7 Race skis and use Aggressive SnowTrackers on them most of the time. Sometimes I'll run the 6.9's with various different carbides on them in low snow conditions to save the wear on my good Doo race skis as they don't make that particular version anymore. The most popular Doo skis are the stock twin keel 5.7 and the twin keel 6.9's. Know that twin keel ski will tend to push more in the corners in loose snow conditions however.

You must not have searched too far on here. Tons of Winders run Doo skis. Its one of the most popular skis to run on a Winder. I happen to run the single keel Doo 5.7 Race skis and use Aggressive SnowTrackers on them most of the time. Sometimes I'll run the 6.9's with various different carbides on them in low snow conditions to save the wear on my good Doo race skis as they don't make that particular version anymore. The most popular Doo skis are the stock twin keel 5.7 and the twin keel 6.9's. Know that twin keel ski will tend to push more in the corners in loose snow conditions however.
I've found a multitude of posts about the 5.7 and 6.9. The question I was asking was about the blade xc+ that the lynx runs.

Last edited:
Apparently I am going to be the first to run the blade xc+.

Apparently I am going to be the first to run the blade xc+.

I read in a magazine on the Lynx with that ski that its the same as another model of ski that Doo runs on their 50/50 sled whichever one that is, but not sure what model that would be. I know I had a buddy that ran them on his Doo with the SnoTrackers. They are single keel skis I know, made more for loose snow. Deeper keel than normal too.

Back