• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tallest Drop Bracket to fit 2010 SE 162

wackmandoo

I'm installing a 16" wide track on my 2010 Nytro Mtx SE 162. I'd like to know where to get the tallest aftermarket drop bracket. Moving my upper axle to the lower holes on the drop brackets has helped my steep and deep snow performance significantly.
With the installation of a rail extension, 9" dual wheel kit, MPI tunnel cooler and Front Radiator delete for the 174x16x3 track... I'd like to go an inch or two taller than the stock bracket allows. Is this a fab job i'm doing or are there any out there?

Coastal Alaska is getting blasted again with snow. About 200inches a few hundred feet above sealevel.

Attachments

• skyline image.jpg
    skyline image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 78

Seems like if you are going to do that it will put a lot of pressure on the skis tipping it up that much.

I built my own out of quarter inch aluminum. I used eighth inch to bend up the running board support. It will drop a lot of weight also getting rid of the steel boat anchors.

I would just be careful about how far you drop that down. I think there is a reason that people don't make big drop brackets like that.

Any drop bracket will increase steering pressure and impair deep snow performance by reducing weight transfer...a bad thing in the deep.
Something to keep in mind, i installed drop bracket's from CR-racing so to allow just enough clearance but i also removed the rear scizzor block's and i run boost that make's up for the lack of weight transfer.
My advice is use drops big enough just todo the job.
I see you've decided on 3" instead of 2.5", hope its a wise decission for AK with all its hard pack.

lund said:
Any drop bracket will increase steering pressure and impair deep snow performance by reducing weight transfer...a bad thing in the deep.
Something to keep in mind, i installed drop bracket's from CR-racing so to allow just enough clearance but i also removed the rear scizzor block's and i run boost that make's up for the lack of weight transfer.
My advice is use drops big enough just todo the job.
I see you've decided on 3" instead of 2.5", hope its a wise decission for AK with all its hard pack.

Yup, all hard pack in AK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJ6R1_o ... ature=plcp

Also well on our way to breaking the North America annual snowfall record, oddly enough it's held by AK now as well.

rlcofmn said:
Also well on our way to breaking the North America annual snowfall record, oddly enough it's held by AK now as well.

?? Baker has the record, 2nd is mount rainier...

ruffryder said:
rlcofmn said:

I hate being wrong... But your right.

rlcofmn said:
ruffryder said:
rlcofmn said:

I hate being wrong... But your right.

F'yah!! Western Washington representin' woo yahh! ha ha

:moon: ha ha. That vid was fricken awesome though. Holy crap that was deep snow... short track, and big power...

Awesome!!

With you sitting on it and normal sag in the rear suspension the top of the tunnel should be level. Jacking up the rear will result in poor handling from the front suspension geometry.

Back