• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel dump exhust

Tunnel Dump

I have it on my mountain sled and i really don't think it is any louder than some of the cans that guys put on two strokes, or pipes on two strokes for that matter. This is just my opinioon though.

I have one on my Apex mtn. I really don't ride in WI at all anymore, but if I did I would expect to have problems. I rarely see wardens, but if I did I'd be getting a ticket for sure.
Personnally, its kinda loud and annoying on the trail anyways, the deep snow muffles the sound a lot.

I'm running an under tunnel exhaust on my Apex. It's quite a bit quieter than my gutted stock exhaust. It all depends on what style exhaust you are putting on. Is it a race can off a crotch rocket or an Excel style? Makes a big difference! Mine is a full length carbon fiber MIG exhaust from a race bike and it is fairly quiet.

exhaust

My buddy has one on his sled. Even though we dont ride in your area, the police out by me are very strict with noise. On the hard-packed trails it is very loud and he has recieved multiple tickets. The sound reminds me of the triple-piped sleds running with the MBRP can.

I run one in Mi, Its no louder than a super bike exhaust. I have a baffle in mine, It is louder than stock, But i havent had any problems with jonny law yet. I ran a can on my SRX for years, never had a problem, If you ride with respect to others and the area you are in you shouldnt have any issues.

Well it depends on one major factor in WI. Who stops you? A Warden or a sheriff/police. Most of the police up here will let it slide as long as you are not really barking or acting like an idiot, or someone in your group is. But if it is a warden who stops you 9 out of 10 you are getting a ticket.
Now you can fight it as long as he/she doesn't have a decimeter on them if they say it is too loud. Before they write you make sure you ask to see the decimeter reading. If they don’t have one, well looks like you will need to go through the court process to get it dismissed. Last year "we the tax payers of Wisconsin" paid for them to get decimeters for exhaust enforcement, some have them some don't. Some wardens think any modification to the exhaust is a writable offence, some DA's agree with them most do not.
Here is an example of poor enforcement on the side of the WI DNR; a few years ago I was stopped while with a friend, the warden had me open my hood on my Indy Storm. He wrote me a ticket for an illegal exhaust saying it was modified because it had three exhaust pipes, and no machines came with three exhaust pipes according to his great knowledge of laws and snowmobiles. (Umm, yea they came from the factory that way; his lack of knowledge should not equal increased revenue for the state). He didn't even have me start it to listen to how loud it was nor did he have a decimeter on him. Well long story short the DA tossed the ticket and actually apologized for me having to go through the "process" to get it dismissed.
I have mixed feelings on how the law is enforced up here. I have no issue with the dumb asses that tap the throttle at gas stations just so everyone knows they have an exhaust getting a ticket; not picking on a certain makers of sleds but it seems more often than not it’s the doo boys and girls that are guilty of this. Mostly the older yellow MXZ’s with a little 500cc, thinking they are all bad #*$&@.
I respect the landowners and I would not want to listen to that crap all the time either. A few of my friends belong to clubs that land owners said they might not let the trails on their land anymore due to the loud pipes off trail idiots. I used to have pipes on everything in the late 90’s I have grown up and to be honest I would rather not have my teeth shake anymore while I ride. Nor do I want to feel like I am still riding an hour later after I got off the sled. I love more power but in this day-and-age it doesn’t necessarily need to be louder…….

team ducktape said:
Well it depends on one major factor in WI. Who stops you? A Warden or a sheriff/police. Most of the police up here will let it slide as long as you are not really barking or acting like an idiot, or someone in your group is. But if it is a warden who stops you 9 out of 10 you are getting a ticket.
Now you can fight it as long as he/she doesn't have a decimeter on them if they say it is too loud. Before they write you make sure you ask to see the decimeter reading. If they don’t have one, well looks like you will need to go through the court process to get it dismissed. Last year "we the tax payers of Wisconsin" paid for them to get decimeters for exhaust enforcement, some have them some don't. Some wardens think any modification to the exhaust is a writable offence, some DA's agree with them most do not.
Here is an example of poor enforcement on the side of the WI DNR; a few years ago I was stopped while with a friend, the warden had me open my hood on my Indy Storm. He wrote me a ticket for an illegal exhaust saying it was modified because it had three exhaust pipes, and no machines came with three exhaust pipes according to his great knowledge of laws and snowmobiles. (Umm, yea they came from the factory that way; his lack of knowledge should not equal increased revenue for the state). He didn't even have me start it to listen to how loud it was nor did he have a decimeter on him. Well long story short the DA tossed the ticket and actually apologized for me having to go through the "process" to get it dismissed.
I have mixed feelings on how the law is enforced up here. I have no issue with the dumb asses that tap the throttle at gas stations just so everyone knows they have an exhaust getting a ticket; not picking on a certain makers of sleds but it seems more often than not it’s the doo boys and girls that are guilty of this. Mostly the older yellow MXZ’s with a little 500cc, thinking they are all bad #*$&@.
I respect the landowners and I would not want to listen to that crap all the time either. A few of my friends belong to clubs that land owners said they might not let the trails on their land anymore due to the loud pipes off trail idiots. I used to have pipes on everything in the late 90’s I have grown up and to be honest I would rather not have my teeth shake anymore while I ride. Nor do I want to feel like I am still riding an hour later after I got off the sled. I love more power but in this day-and-age it doesn’t necessarily need to be louder…….

I know what your saying i just hate going through the whole process of redoing the whole exhaust for the 1 or 2 trips i go to WI. As these guys would say if i'm in snow it's not that loud but when i hit some big boost in the woods it does bark or I pull in to a concrete parking lot

Just be carefull near crossings or trail heads(where officers like to sit to watch for registration/pipes). It also depends on where you ride. I have only seen a handfull of wardens throughout my 24 years of sledding in WI, and I have only been actually checked maybe three times; but like I said wardens just don't give breaks up here. But listening to your video, if in a pack of sleds you shouldn't have an issue...

straight up, on hardpack... there loud.. why wouldn't they be.. there is absolutely nothing but some change in direction going on.. nothing to absorb sound.

on my yamadoo, its straight into the top of the track. so quiter then most normal yami tunnel dumps, and on the trail and loading, anything thats not a couple inches of powder or more, its gonna get you in trouble with the sound police. they arent annoying and barkey like 2 strokes with cans, just insane deep rumbling sound, they make your heart a little skippy.

tunnel dumps are quite in the pow.. running trails to and from places I actually wish i put earplugs in.

Back