• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warped boondocker header, whats the fix? Found a new gasket

JIM

Extreme
I have a one year old header thats bend bad in my opinion. With it bolted down to a plate the lower outer areas on the two outer cylinders has a .020 gap and was leaking pretty bad. Is there a good solution to fix this?? Is boondockers warranting these problems?? Share some of your solutions

Thanks Jim

A few guys are getting headers built elsewhere. See Needforspeed, he has or is making some. If you don't want to go that rout I would try 2 of the exhaust gaskets and see if it works. Problem is, it will probably continue to get worse so that would be a temporary fix. I don't know if Boondockers is warrantying or not.

This winter I would have tried to cut each exhaust port invidually apart instead of a flange. So I cutted mine after getting it surfaced.

But now getting a new tube header instead, so I will never know if that would have worked.

If anyone want that 'massaged' BD header, I can sell for pretty cheap.

I have a buddy who may want that old boondocker header for cheap. Send me a pm with your info and what you want and I will let the guy know. We were just talking about trying to find him one.

THanks jim

legend said:
how new isthe boondocker kit mine is 1 month old and is preaty thick. why are they warping . :Rockon:

I suspect the log design by itself is culprit, would take a 1/2 inch flange to keep it from warping I guess.

My solution to separate each exhaust ports MAY be able to get rid of it... we'll know this winter, because there is somebody for sure that will purchase me that BD header ;)

Hey took it a welder buddy that deals with jet boats and big nasty stainless headers. He said stainless is the worst for headers. He said he found a fix. Get it flat on a big belt sander and lookup Remflex.com
He said they have a 100% guarranty on their product. He has some serious faith it their gasket material. He said it just works!!! with NO leaks.

So I am sending out a gasket today to have them custom cut one to try out. I will post my findings and prices. I sent him the yr make and model so he can keep the gasket templet for anybody else to order.

Jim

JIM said:
Hey took it a welder buddy that deals with jet boats and big nasty stainless headers. He said stainless it the works for headers. He said he found a fix. Get it flat on a big belt sander and lookup Remflex.com
He said they have a 100% guarranty on their product. He has some serious faith it their gasket material. Said it just works!!! with NO leaks.

So I am sending out a gasket today to have them custom cut one to try out. I will post my findings and prices. I sent him the yr make and model so he can keep the gasket templet for anybody else to order.

Jim

I think I will try this out too!

They make GT25 flange gaskets too... I guess its time to seal that thing up for good! :Rockon:

I just mailed it out two days ago. He probably hasnt gotten to his po box to check his mail. I will post more one I get a price.

Jim

Well it looks like the tooling and 6 gaskets is going to be $160 and any addititionals are going to be $32 each plus shipping. I am ordering just enough for myself, so if any of you would like some let me know and I can get him to punch more out on monday. I am also ordering some turbo intake and exhaust gaskets as well. Let me know asap

Back