• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well new 04 RX1 remote oil filter and other questions.

Hookman49

Extreme
Well I did it this weekend. After riding my 1997 XT for over 8200 miles (without a problem I might add) I puchased a 2004 RX1. Love this sled. My good friend purchased his last season and I fell in love with it then.
So traded my wifes 96 Jag 440 (still could not get rid of the XT) and I think I got a pretty good deal on the left over.

Anyways, that being said. Does anyone here have the remote oil fiter kit on there RX1? If so any photo's? Hard to install?
The dealer wants over $100 for an oil change. Were can I purchase a sevice manual? Or is there on posted I could look at to see how to change the oil?

Sorry for all the questions, but can't justify giving the dealer $$$ when I feel I could do it myself.

Thanks,

Ken

Remote oil Filter

I just installed mine last week. I got the Maximum kit for $130.00(list is $160.00) Kind of a pain to install. Not difficult, just a pain. When done, its pretty decent. Just completed a 200 mile day with no problems. The only thing I did different was use black lines instead of the blue. I just figured the blue would look dirty and stuff down the road.

Attachments

• Zip Tied III.JPG
    Zip Tied III.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 231
:Rockon: Changing the oil is a PITA, its more or less time consuming, you could always go and relocate the battery ? just my opinon, it will make it easier the next time I change the oil ;)!

Back