• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats up north-ME,NH

aceltx09

Expert
Whats going on up in the back country up northern New England? I'm southern NH, they dont say much about the snowfall amounts on the news down here but I hear you guys got snow,are getting snow and will be getting more. When are the lakes rideable? I want to come up there and give some lessons to the doo doos!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOL

Snow in Maine

Snow on the ground in piston farm are 12-18", Millinocket area 12". Rip around 20". Might head up for so loggin road ridin this weekend. Not sure if trail grooming started anywhere yet.
Blue

Any of you guys know any hotels up in the Millinocket region where you can ride to the trails from the hotel?

There are two in central NH we usually stay at that you can get to the trail system right from the parking lot.

The Common Man, Plymouth NH - Awesome old mill turned into hotel. Great Bar but kinda expensive. And a spa so your wife wont complain while you ride. I recommend this place if your in the area. We usually stay there twice a year and ride.

Econo Lodge, Lincoln, NH - not so great accomodations but cheap.

Kadahdin shawdows in Millinocket.Ron is a great guy and you cant beat the prices. It is good basic room ,nothing fancy and connects to the trails. I am away from home so I dont have his number with me. It is a great area to ride.

Twin Mountain Report

I rode Friday and Tuesday. I would say that most of the trials were a 10. They was 8-12" of powder over a hard pack. I don't think the groomers were out more than once, but the riding was great. They were expecting 6-12 last night when we left, it was blizzard conditions. I don't know why they are keeping this a secret. I am going up again tomorrow afternoon. I hope this helps. No snow until the notch, but after that, it is a winter wonderland. You would have to see it to believe it.

Hey Boston where did you ride at? I am thinking of trailering up North this weekend.
thanks man, glad you could make it out riding

I rode out of Fabians both days and headed east for about 5 miles and then north. The riding could not have been better for the beginning of the year. Everything was covered, had a base, not sure how deep, and powder everywhere, and everyone was home. No complaints.

Are there any hotels that you can access the trails from? A surveyor in the office just came back and confirmed this "wonderland" up past the notch.

I think I must go.

I have my damn Christmas party tomorrow.

I'm thinking of going up Monday since I will be in Plymouth at my grandparents for Christmas on Sunday.

By the way I made the switch from RX-1 to Phazer as well how do you like the change?

Unfortunately I havent had the chance to ride it yet and I'll be in the break in period for 300 boring miles.

Been there done that. All I would do on new sleds is vary the throttle. I did the breakin on my RX1 and all it did was use oil. If you are looking for some company, I may be able to break away for a few hours. I love the Phazer, but I also love my new Nytro as well.

I'll let you know if I take the trailer and sled with me on Sunday to Plymouth. If I do I may stay overnight and ride Monday.

Back