• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield frosts up from exhaust

chateaupitsie

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 550f grand touring, 2000 440 Bearcat, 1998 340 Bearcat, 1984 Scandic 503, 1989 Safari 377, 1988 Bravo LT,1983 Everest 500, 2009 600 Polaris Switchback, 2016 VK Pro ii,
Windshield still frosts up and is basically useless driving with visibility. Anyone else having this issue? Tried drilling two holes quarter inch diameter to get heat from engine onto the windshield below the dash, but seems to be worse or no better than before! Any suggestions? Will it go "away" if sled is broken in, 340km's on it now. Seems like exhaust escapes engine and congregates-dissipates on windshield . Vk pro ii 2016..

can you see where the steam/moisture is coming from?

Thank you for the question. It seems to come from the engine. I have the mod kit on it that has the exhaust exit from the rear of the seat. But that eliminates ice build up in tunnel, works good. The hood fits snug, so only idea I had it was exhaust- engine coming from vents. At - 20 or more seems more noticeable which is the usual here.

I doubt that this is exhaust related but I suspect you have heat coming up from the engine through any openings including around the riser and collecting behind the windshield, and then you have your extreme cold on the other side and you get your condensation. You may be stuck with it unless the weather warms up or you think of a way to close those openings.

Yes, I will tape up one side where the vents are close to the windshield and see if it makes a difference on that side. The two 1/4 inch holes I drilled in the dash to "vent" heat onto windshield did not seem to work. Tommorow will be trapping on the line so -34 forecast we will see if this works!!

Back