• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Radar Run

skidoostomper

Veteran
Ran my 10' FX Nytro XTX with the radar gun on Houghton Lake this past weekend and I ran 101 mph. It's stock and has 550 miles on it. Also raced a apex and beat that but that z1 turbo hijacked rolls REALLY hard on me. Almost am second guessing myself. I will be happy to see 105 mph after 1,000 miles.

Z1 Turbo is ridiculous. I drove one last week and it was a handful on the trail. I found it getting away from me at times.

z1 isn't that fast stock, but with the highjacher they go. very sensitive to conditions tho, still go tho. dad had one and sold it cuz it went thru belts like it was going out of style

ran mine in the same spot against another xtx and a cat 800r 1000 miles on mine and hit 111 on the GPS. I am bone stock and weigh about 170 lbs. other xtx was also stock and i smoked him and the cat. mine must have been built on a wednesday

2009xtx said:
ran mine in the same spot against another xtx and a cat 800r 1000 miles on mine and hit 111 on the GPS. I am bone stock and weigh about 170 lbs. other xtx was also stock and i smoked him and the cat. mine must have been built on a wednesday

Yours was bone stock with no other adjustments? studs?, weight transfer adjustments?

That's fast for bone stock...I would believe that number on the dreamometer but GPS? WOW that's getting it done!
The Z1's do move but keep them in a straight line cause they are a bull-dozer (IMO) on the twistys.

2009xtx said:

Impossible to hit 111 GPS with your nytro. The gearing to hp ratio does not add up. 101 I can believe..

dream o meter was at 113. i was surprised myself. it was like 10 below and almost a hardpack/ice surface. perfect for getting a lot of rate out of the machine. also had it held to the bar for a good amount of time. she has slowed down with my new track and other add on's. but it now handles soooo much better

TotallyNytro said:
2009xtx said:

Impossible to hit 111 GPS with your nytro. The gearing to hp ratio does not add up. 101 I can believe..

111 is defeintely attanable on an XTX. I hit 110 on the speedo and RPM is down about 400RPM to where it should be running.

TotallyNytro said:
2009xtx said:

Its possible cause I've hit OVER 111GPS with my XTX 100% STOCK at the time except for studs and at 265lbs with gear....

Click below and see my YouTube top speed run in less than perfect conditions (note dreameters only out 4-5mph on the nytros)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBGkB_mCa8

Impossible to hit 111 GPS with your nytro. The gearing to hp ratio does not add up. 101 I can believe..[/quote]

Overdrive!

pro116 said:

Overdrive![/quote]

21/39 will run 103 MPH at 1 to 1 and 114 mph with a .90 over drive. So it's not impossible

I've seen 110 on the Speed on mine which is about 106 MPH real speed so they say.

Dirk what are you running for clutching ? I am in the 99 -101 range would like to see 110 to keep the Doo crowd at bay.

What is the relevance of a "gearing to HP ratio" and what factors do you use in the calculation? The units seem a little funky to me too.

21/39 = 0.538 - chain case gears, neglecting the output of the CVT

0.538/140 hp = 0.0038 hp^-1

I'm confused.

Back