• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex/GT bad gas mileage.

hotrod

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Apex GT
My Apex has 18,459 miles. Put new plugs and new belt but it did not help. HELP

is something causing drag in the drive train? tell us more about what happened or what led you to this place in time. did it just happen over night has it been getting worse did you do any work?

Keeping the throttle always at the bar WILL have an adverse effect on mileage also!

clutches have been cleaned and inspected?

bearings all good in the wheels?

speedo bearing was repacked or replaced?

jackshaft bearing still has grease in it?

oil in chain case?

chain adjusted properly?

does track roll smoothly by hand when it is on the stand?

did your driving style change?

exh dounuts good?

this all affect fuel milage.

The snowmobile skid frame is in good shape. I have all new wheels from Trick toys. The only other thing I did to the secondary clutch is to put three new plastic slides. I have the spring set in the number three hole. Can anyone tell me if that is correct. The secondary clutch might not be shifting right. Thank you guys for all your help.

3-3 is the correct factory setting for the spring. when I replaced to buttons on my secondary it took a few miles for it to "wear in" and get full shift. did you lose millage after the repairs? recheck your work and make sure it is all correct. what rpm are you getting full throttle?

Track tension and free roll of the track is huge for these sleds. Chain tension as well. There are many variables for sure. Unless you just got a dose of bad gas. I tank with seafoam, or a bottle of ISO may be in your future.

Good luck

The snowmobile skid frame is in good shape. I have all new wheels from Trick toys. The only other thing I did to the secondary clutch is to put three new plastic slides. I have the spring set in the number three hole. Can anyone tell me if that is correct. The secondary clutch might not be shifting right. Thank you guys for all your help.
do you mean 3-3 ? that would change things if you didn't pay attention to the spring setting on the other side too.

Back