• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Procross Sway Bars

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Been working at these sway bars and soon have some prototype samples ready to ship. For those wanting stiffer I have some with a thicker mid section and I also made some out of different materials. Hoping to get these out at discounted prices for testing/feedback. Product like this really needs trail time to get tested. If they end up breaking prematurely and don't work out I will most definitely take care of you.

One nice feature of my bars is they eliminate the panel rub from sway bar links rubbing the plastic. Its a rather trivial thing, but always found it annoying when brand new sled gets rub marks on it from sway bar. The BOP bar has adequate clearances and the shoulders on bar prevent the bar from being able to shift left and right in the chassis.

Originally I had hoped to have the bar being adjustable with 3 hole settings but once I had the bars in hand I realized the geometry would not hold out for this to work. The discounted prototypes will have 3 mounting holes but 2 of them can not be utilized. Production run will only 1 hole.

Bar utilizes the stock links and we use a reducer bushing in the top eylet for an M6 mounting bolts into the bar. Some are sure to question the smaller bolts but Skidoo sway bar links mount with M6 bolts. I will likely experiment with some different m6 bolts grades with hopes of getting the bolts to fail before the bar. If the bolt functions as a shear pin then its simple bolt replacement vs new sway bar.

New oem bars list for around $125. I'm thinking I will sell prototypes for $50 to get some out for testing and feedback. If interested in one reach out to me.

sway 3.jpg

sway 2.jpg

sway 1.jpg

@hibshman25 If you have a slightly stiffer than stock prototype I would be down for testing one out.

@hibshman25 If you have a slightly stiffer than stock prototype I would be down for testing one out.
Ill try one Travis. Was ill most of last fall...winter spring...lol...but not much snow anyway. Hopeful for a good winter and health this year. You know our upstate NY trails and cowpaths (broke a pioneer 13mm on the apex on a rough field) so it will get a good workout.
Thanks for all you do!
Oh yeah, stiffest one youve got as I run the front very soft. Works for me.

I think the stock bar is a bit too soft - too much lean in corner, especially with carbides that are aggressive.

Been working at these sway bars and soon have some prototype samples ready to ship. For those wanting stiffer I have some with a thicker mid section and I also made some out of different materials. Hoping to get these out at discounted prices for testing/feedback. Product like this really needs trail time to get tested. If they end up breaking prematurely and don't work out I will most definitely take care of you.

One nice feature of my bars is they eliminate the panel rub from sway bar links rubbing the plastic. Its a rather trivial thing, but always found it annoying when brand new sled gets rub marks on it from sway bar. The BOP bar has adequate clearances and the shoulders on bar prevent the bar from being able to shift left and right in the chassis.

Originally I had hoped to have the bar being adjustable with 3 hole settings but once I had the bars in hand I realized the geometry would not hold out for this to work. The discounted prototypes will have 3 mounting holes but 2 of them can not be utilized. Production run will only 1 hole.

Bar utilizes the stock links and we use a reducer bushing in the top eylet for an M6 mounting bolts into the bar. Some are sure to question the smaller bolts but Skidoo sway bar links mount with M6 bolts. I will likely experiment with some different m6 bolts grades with hopes of getting the bolts to fail before the bar. If the bolt functions as a shear pin then its simple bolt replacement vs new sway bar.

New oem bars list for around $125. I'm thinking I will sell prototypes for $50 to get some out for testing and feedback. If interested in one reach out to me.

View attachment 173701
View attachment 173702
View attachment 173703
Nice design feature that allows the use of the stock inner and outer bushing. As I mentioned elsewhere the larger cat bars require larger bushings. Not hitting the belly pan is also a nice feature.

Question? How does the alloy you used compare to stock bars?

Good work Travis !

I had metallurgy testing done on the stock bars to see what the factory ones are. The alloy I'm using is a higher tensile strength. I've used this alloy for years on my Apex 13mm sway bars and have never had anyone report to me that they broke one. Really don't want to post specifics on the material as we all know there are some vendors just waiting to poach my next product after I do all the legwork.

Exactly. Protect your own intellectual knowledge!
Although I heard a rumor Yamatanium is quite strong!

I had metallurgy testing done on the stock bars to see what the factory ones are. The alloy I'm using is a higher tensile strength. I've used this alloy for years on my Apex 13mm sway bars and have never had anyone report to me that they broke one. Really don't want to post specifics on the material as we all know there are some vendors just waiting to poach my next product after I do all the legwork.
Appreciate the update. A higher than stock tensile strength is all I need to know. Also, have the bolt be a shear pin rather than break the bar is a good idea.

Have you tried installing one on an EPS winder?

How common is the stock sway bar for breaking? I have a 2017 LTX LE with 16,000km and haven’t had any sway bar issues. Are guys breaking them when smashing through beat up trails?

How common is the stock sway bar for breaking? I have a 2017 LTX LE with 16,000km and haven’t had any sway bar issues. Are guys breaking them when smashing through beat up trails?

Typically from taking a hard hit on one ski yes. Riding nice flat groomed trails you may never break a bar in the entire life of the sled. All depends on the riding and abuse it goes thru.

It's made of steel, and when you flex steel enough it will break eventually.

I snapped one one my Tcat last year, I don't pound on the moguls, I was just running around a tight right hander and SNAP. Machine had about 3,700 miles on it.

I broke one going about 20 mph down a rough ungroomed trail. One ski went into a hole and the other on top of a mogul. The extreme flex snapped mine.

Back