• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom

RunninRX1 said:
Ski savers. They go between the carbide and your skis.

OK, besides saving the skis, what else are they supposed to do... I have not seen any Yamaha skis wear down... So, should I bother putting them on? How will they effect my steering..

If you shim your skis like they say on this say I believe you get the same results as the ski savers. My wearbars used to wear out the front first always now with the shims i get perfect even wear

SledFreak, They help shroud the host bar reducing some parasitic drag. They also have the added benefit of increasing keel depth. I replace mine when the edges get worn. Keeps a nice edge to aid in turning ontrail. I am also running a prototype addon that Scott is developing. I run Powderhounds and with Tripleoints, Skisaver and shims, have reduced my darting issues drastically. With the addon keels, my darting is 100% gone. PLUS, my Powderhounds work even better in UP sugarsand snow.
For those having problems with carbide wear, contact Scott. He had a btch of carbide that wasn't properly treated. I am certain he'll address any issues you might have. If you have difficulty contacting him, PM me your info with a brief description of your issue, and I'll pass it on to him.

Dave

Viper_Dave said:
SledFreak, They help shroud the host bar reducing some parasitic drag. They also have the added benefit of increasing keel depth. I replace mine when the edges get worn. Keeps a nice edge to aid in turning ontrail. I am also running a prototype addon that Scott is developing. I run Powderhounds and with Tripleoints, Skisaver and shims, have reduced my darting issues drastically. With the addon keels, my darting is 100% gone. PLUS, my Powderhounds work even better in UP sugarsand snow.
For those having problems with carbide wear, contact Scott. He had a btch of carbide that wasn't properly treated. I am certain he'll address any issues you might have. If you have difficulty contacting him, PM me your info with a brief description of your issue, and I'll pass it on to him.

Dave

Got pic on how they are supposed to look, because I'm not sure which way they go on my ski... They look weird. I was not even going to install them, but now that I probabaly will.

2000miles look bran new...small chip in one...not a big deal called scott regarding a Question on shimming...he asked if I like the triple...I said great...small chip in one...he said send it back ill send ya a new set....WoW amazing....btw my stock set lasted 300miles

No picture but they are fairly simple to install. Slip them on over the wearbar studs with the groove resting on the stud side. Then install the bar as you normally would.
As far as wear, I have one set that had over 9,000 miles on them. Carbides were all flat, but completely intact. Any issues I've had Scott has corrected with new product. This was true from early on in my use of his products. Now that we are on a first name basis, I've been able to help others here on the site. He is a 2 man operation and sometimes gets overwhelmed during the season. Any of you that have talked to him know he is like a water spigot you can't turn off LOL. Hope in some way I've answered some of your questions.

Dave ;)!

I took my ski savers off. Speed went up a little and so did my mileage. Lots of snow here so I don't need them. Just my take. Love the triple points though, won't take those off. LOL

Viper_Dave said:
No picture but they are fairly simple to install. Slip them on over the wearbar studs with the groove resting on the stud side. Then install the bar as you normally would.
As far as wear, I have one set that had over 9,000 miles on them. Carbides were all flat, but completely intact. Any issues I've had Scott has corrected with new product. This was true from early on in my use of his products. Now that we are on a first name basis, I've been able to help others here on the site. He is a 2 man operation and sometimes gets overwhelmed during the season. Any of you that have talked to him know he is like a water spigot you can't turn off LOL. Hope in some way I've answered some of your questions.

Dave ;)!
Yes, but which side is up pr down. One side of the edge, on the ends, seems like they are shamfered.

OK, the round groove is where the wearbar rides. The beveled edge should be pointed towards the ski tip. Flat side will be against the ski bottom.

These only work on a wear bar application right. Anything with dual carbides will not work right?

blu, You talking about Simmons or Pilots? Scott sells bars and skisavers for both applications. Although I am not sure if the skisavers will work with those applications. I'll stop and ask him if you want.

Hi Dave.

I have the ski savers from Scott which I received along with my shims. These will fit on the standard bars but have a look at the dual carbide pic below, they dont fit right meaning obviously spaces on the front and back. I think when I spoke to Scott and ordered them that they would work fine on the factory bars but not obviously with these carbides.

Correct?

PS, Tell Scott to check his emails as I sent him two over the past few weeks and havent heard anything from him. I also called twice and hes got no answering machine hooked up.

Attachments

• SkiSavers.jpg
    SkiSavers.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 178
  • SkiSavers.jpg
    SkiSavers.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 182
I purchased bergstroms for all my past and current sleds. The only problem I ever had was some breakage. Scott sent out a new pair ASAP. He did have some heat issues a while back. Great company to deal with...I wish they were all like that. Reading all the post on this site and others, I can count on one hand any negative post...2 being in this thread. All posts I've seen always claim positive results and worth the money. IMO, you can't go wrong. As far as the long plastic peices, they go between the carbide and the bottom of your ski in order to add depth to your keel. This helps eliminate darting as well. I've never had good luck with them though..they always seem to break at the worst time.

Back