• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro settings POST YOURS

xtx

my xtx settings rider with gear on around 210 lbs. front suspension stock skis with quali-pieces carbides,with weight off the front end loosen front springs till they rattle around and then tighten just a little. shocks compression clicker six out from full soft ,...rebound three out. rear suspension centre shock pre-load between medium and hard around five inches from the centre of the shock eye-let to the adjuster. (check the manual ) torsion springs set on soft. rear shock compression three to six out from full soft depending on conditions. limter strap stock as per factory. transfer rod settings. i have mine around half way and full transfer.

Updated the files in the second post of the thread with new info from NLVMAX. Anybody wanting to have their sled added should submit the info in the same order as listed in the file, either here or via PM.

After a season on the sled and countless adjustments, I believe I have a pretty good set up: added to first post attachment.

Re: xtx

fxr said:
my xtx settings rider with gear on around 210 lbs. front suspension stock skis with quali-pieces carbides,with weight off the front end loosen front springs till they rattle around and then tighten just a little. shocks compression clicker six out from full soft ,...rebound three out. rear suspension centre shock pre-load between medium and hard around five inches from the centre of the shock eye-let to the adjuster. (check the manual ) torsion springs set on soft. rear shock compression three to six out from full soft depending on conditions. limter strap stock as per factory. transfer rod settings. i have mine around half way and full transfer.

any updates on your settings...

good info!

can anyone tell me what the stock limiter strap settings are supposed to be..... i know mine are changed, but i bought my sled that way.....its an 08 RTX. Thanks fellas !!!!

145lbs rider plus gear ... ???? what set up 2 start with????

I just bought a BRAND NEW in the crate (still) RTX '09. I am a lighter small guy 145 lbs plus gear, I like a softer plusher ride .. and I want an initial sit up before i go out...

Any ideas tips or advice.. I looked at the spreadsheet only one guy in Ontario might be applicable...

90% on trail riding, usually rough trails at times..
aggressive hard rider
Likes to keep skis on the ground don't mind a bit of lift on inside ski..

are the PSI for front fox floats based on the sled on the ground i.e. weight of sled on shocks or up in the air?

Thanks,

Ryan

You check the air pressure on the ski shocks with the sled up in the air...I say for your weight go 50psi and take it from there.

If you want your skis planted, perhaps pull up on the front limiter strap a hole or two, maybe reduce the center shock spring pressure to help as well.

Torsion springs, you might even get away with having them on soft...try it and if you bottom the suspension often, then bump it up to medium.

Bring your manual, or shock settings card, and write down your settings and adjust a bit at a time, taking note of what adjustments are doing well for you.

And definitely familiarize yourself with your owner's manual.

Re: xtx

fxr said:

looking for an update on these settings....still the same? thx

Nytro Suspension

I have an 08 NYTRO. I broke my shoulder in Jan 09 riding... I tried to figure out why I got thrown and after much research I found out that some of the things that contributed to the incident were inherent suspension issues.. Obviously they redesigned the suspension for 09 but here is what I have done to improve handling...

I went to Hygear suspensions and got triple springs and a rear spring bushing and also tightened the rear limiter one notch.

The handling is much improved and I also got the Clutch Spring from Stormin Norman which really made a significant difference to smoothing out the power and also making the clutch and engine braking a non factor...

Since no one has posted any XTX settings, I decided to make a new spreadsheet with XTX specific setups. Please update it is as needed. The settings I have listed were gathered from posts throughout this thread.

Attachments

• FX Nytro XTX Setups.xls
    30 KB · Views: 437

Back