• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at some RX 1's what should I look for ?

Fuel Mileage I believe most say is around 15mpg. I have never calculated mine, just know I use a lot less than my 2 stroke buddy's and compared to my 06 Apex after 70 miles of riding they were 1/4 gallon apart, almost exactly the same.

If 15 is the norm then I'll probably not de-tune mine. I engage at 5K, stock I believe is 3500. Apparently, it's not having a huge effect on MPG and it's real snappy...... My buddies ZR 580 just sucks the fuel....

just got back from a 120 or so mile trailride, the wife's warrior averaged a little over 16 mpg. Granted, trail driven by the wife, so that is probably optimal conditions. (warrior also has a 136 track and slightly lower gearing than an rx1)

Well I'm real close to getting a new to me sled. I have a RS Rage and a couple of Warriors I'm interested in. The big thing for me is the ability to ride 2 up which is why I think the longer track would help. They all have a pro action rear skid, but that's ok. I have a couple of questions about riding 2 up. I have a Seat Jack for my Viper, will it work on the RX1 with just a different mounting bracket or is it a different seat all together? And would I be better off with just a backrest since the Seat Jack does make for a high center of gravity. And if you suggest getting a backrest what kind is the best ? Can the passenger sit on the hump on the back of the seat? I've also seen a 05 Venture, but I'm not sure how fun that would be when I go by myself. My wife would ride with me probably half the time so I don't know if I want a station wagon all the time. The gas mileage sounds good, that would be a definite improvement over my Viper, plus no two stroke oil. Thanks for the help guys, I hope to maybe pick one up this weekend if everything works out right.

superfan75 said:
Well I'm real close to getting a new to me sled. I have a RS Rage and a couple of Warriors I'm interested in. The big thing for me is the ability to ride 2 up which is why I think the longer track would help. They all have a pro action rear skid, but that's ok. I have a couple of questions about riding 2 up. I have a Seat Jack for my Viper, will it work on the RX1 with just a different mounting bracket or is it a different seat all together? And would I be better off with just a backrest since the Seat Jack does make for a high center of gravity. And if you suggest getting a backrest what kind is the best ? Can the passenger sit on the hump on the back of the seat? I've also seen a 05 Venture, but I'm not sure how fun that would be when I go by myself. My wife would ride with me probably half the time so I don't know if I want a station wagon all the time. The gas mileage sounds good, that would be a definite improvement over my Viper, plus no two stroke oil. Thanks for the help guys, I hope to maybe pick one up this weekend if everything works out right.

I have two warriors and love them... Also a jack seat which comes with a back rest
Works great however it only is rated for 150lbs ... The longer track makes the sled ride very well. Suspension is ok if adjusted properly but with a up graded skid it's first rate.
Personally I like the rx better than the apex due to the riding position being a little lower in the rx...... Can't go wrong !

Well just an update to everyone, I just picked up an 04' RX Warrior tonight. I can't wait to try it out this weekend !! I guess I'll be on the 4 Stroke side now. Thanx for everybody's advice.

superfan75 said:
Well just an update to everyone, I just picked up an 04' RX Warrior tonight. I can't wait to try it out this weekend !! I guess I'll be on the 4 Stroke side now. Thanx for everybody's advice.

Vermont will never look the same after this weekend……enjoy!

That's right, the groomer is going to have to work overtime this weekend !! I've never rode a 4 stroke and I can't wait to try it. I imagine its a little different than my viper. LOL

superfan75 said:
That's right, the groomer is going to have to work overtime this weekend !! I've never rode a 4 stroke and I can't wait to try it. I imagine its a little different than my viper. LOL

I miss my viper…but i can ride the warrior all day and i don't smell like i've been dipped in oil.

Yeah that is a good thing not smelling like smoke and I think it will be nice to have a more mellow exhaust note to. Guess I'm getting old when I think a stock Viper is louder than I'd like. LOL

ghost rider said:
Personally I like the rx better than the apex due to the riding position being a little lower in the rx...... Can't go wrong !

You actually LIKED the lower position? I couldn't ride it for more than an hour without my knees hurting... Did the typical seat mod and couldn't be happier!

smokingcrater said:
ghost rider said:

You actually LIKED the lower position? I couldn't ride it for more than an hour without my knees hurting... Did the typical seat mod and couldn't be happier!

I'm 6'2 and with the original 03 seat as soon as I tried to ride hard my hips and knees would hurt from sitting so low. Still have the original seat in the corner of my garage, about to give it away because I'm sick of looking at it and hated it that much.

RxThunder said:
I'm 6'2 and with the original 03 seat as soon as I tried to ride hard my hips and knees would hurt from sitting so low. Still have the original seat in the corner of my garage, about to give it away because I'm sick of looking at it and hated it that much.

I assumed they weren't worth anything, so posted a 'free' ad online. It was gone in a day. And of course, 2 days later I had 2 different guys offering me $50 if they could come and get it ASAP... Turns out there is a market for them I guess.

superfan75 said:
Congrats on the new 'baby' (or mistress as my wife would call it). Coming off an older sled the riding position might not bother you but if you ever get the chance to try out a Warrior or RX-1 with the Apex seat mod and a riser you will probably not sleep until you do it to yours. Makes a big difference being able to stand for the bumps and just to straighten the knees on longer rides.

superfan75 said:

congrats on the purchase. a small peice of advice, the sled will be much smoother when you roll off and on the throttle. tends to hesitate a tiny bit when you just stab or mash the throttle.

Back