• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More Boosted Viper Issues

Yamadog

Lifetime Member
Well got to DA Hooper at 11 this morning. Unloaded all 4 sleds viper shut off and would not restart only idled 5 mins. Left it sit the tried again it fired and stumbled backfired a few times and shut off. Started up again and gave it ga it was normal to 3000 rpms then break s up and falls in its face and backfires.

Going riding taking the pro s will try new plugs when I get back to shack.:o|

Pisses me off came back atb6 pm started fine ran 70 miles last night heading to shack 5 miles away shut off at 80 mph almost launched me over the bars then caught but limited rpms and backfire limped back and parked it. It be as flashing low temp warning and temp gauge was going from 39 to 157 did get a code once but only know it was 16?? Then went away would hardly run to put on trailer

I've just about had it with this sled

The electrical gremlin!! One of the worst to diagnose.... good luck, I hope you find it without to much trouble.

you dont by chance have a lithium battery in that sled do you?
heard the viper HATES the earth X.
makes me scared to try it!
worked fine in my nytro!

shorted/pinched wire, got agrevated on the trailer ride, or TORS malfuntion? possible throttle cable slack issue??
had a nytro in the fleet start acting up this season, tors on low speed full lock right turns only. have to kill, straighten bars, restart.
i blame the guy who put the riser on routed cable wrong side of steering post.

shorted/pinched wire, got agrevated on the trailer ride, or TORS malfuntion? possible throttle cable slack issue??
had a nytro in the fleet start acting up this season, tors on low speed full lock right turns only. have to kill, straighten bars, restart.
i blame the guy who put the riser on routed cable wrong side of steering post.
Groomer is dead on! Check your TORS, if not a short, but I'm betting TORS, I've had it happen on older sleds

Stock battery, not tors why would the engine temp flash from 39 to 170 and red low temp light flash.

Sled is not hot, water level is good Afr was 10.5 at wot when it was running. I blend 110 octane with gas I brought from home. It would not run coming off the trailer then left it sit all day started it at 5 and rode till 11 then dumped on me

Stock battery, not tors why would the engine temp flash from 39 to 170 and red low temp light flash.

Sled is not hot, water level is good Afr was 10.5 at wot when it was running. I blend 110 octane with gas I brought from home. It would not run coming off the trailer then left it sit all day started it at 5 and rode till 11 then dumped on me

It hates you... :)

Back