• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

i suppose it could be a turbo charged r1 motor, but what would be the point? especially with all the extra weight? i dont see is as a significant improvement over the current triple
The snap of the apex motor is unreal when clutched correct,i cant imagine a supercharger or turbo with that motor,it would dust a winder!!

The snap of the apex motor is unreal when clutched correct,i cant imagine a supercharger or turbo with that motor,it would dust a winder!!
Yes but if this engine came from factory boosted they would lower compression and there goes the snap, of course being smaller cylinders it probably wouldn't be as bad.

As mentioned....

Yamaha NEEDS to fix the issues presently known. Primary clutch, Shift fork pads, Upper gear bushing, Snub shaft moving in, Drive axle bearing, and have someone take the sharp edges off of the plastics!

Starting with the primary clutch. Switch back to the previous style primary and you will fix a ton of issues. And don't even think about putting on TEAM primaries!

Here I thought I was the only one anal enough to BREAK all the edges of the plastic pieces. You should have seen the pile of plastic swarf I ended up with. From WAY too many places to mention. As an example, my buddies Winder, had him run his hand across a panel, then he did mine. Smooth he says, what a difference. Most people never even notice, OR CARE.

I think its an SRX. Blue, and can see the turbo hose, and has lower front end.

Finally looks like ALL blue too, spindles, upper/lower arms ect.

Wonder what price will be now with Power steering? Yikes!

Will be cool to run some big carbides and still have easy steering.

Dan
Dan, I put power steering on my Sidewinder 2 up, I have stock tuner 3 skis, it steers really well on a hard groomed trail but once in the loose snow the skis don't track very well. On your comment on "big carbides" do you think going to a longer carbide will cure the sloppy steering on the loose trail?
Last week I went with Steve who has the exact same sled as I do but he has Pilot skis and large carbides...he doesn't have EPS from GSE like I do, I tried his sled and it was very hard to steer but tracked so well...just wondering if you can give me some advise on getting my SW 2up to track better without the sliding and darting. Joe

New rear skid.. Look at coat. Its called Fast Flotation.
fast flotation is a jacket feature, if you go through the ice it acts like a life jacket but its not Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) I have one of these FAST jackets..great jacket and never want to find out if it floats lol. Joe

Dan, I put power steering on my Sidewinder 2 up, I have stock tuner 3 skis, it steers really well on a hard groomed trail but once in the loose snow the skis don't track very well. On your comment on "big carbides" do you think going to a longer carbide will cure the sloppy steering on the loose trail?
Last week I went with Steve who has the exact same sled as I do but he has Pilot skis and large carbides...he doesn't have EPS from GSE like I do, I tried his sled and it was very hard to steer but tracked so well...just wondering if you can give me some advise on getting my SW 2up to track better without the sliding and darting. Joe
Sailor joe the stock skis will always push in the loose snow no matter what you do, the snow builds up between the keel and causes the push.. the tuners with normal carbide are only good when the trails are firm after that good luck LOL.. snow trackers do help a lot on the tuners, I had them on mine and they made a big difference in cornering I only switched to the 2014 viper/pro cross ski because they are a wider single keel ski..

Your best bet is to switch skis..

Sailor joe the stock skis will always push in the loose snow no matter what you do, the snow builds up between the keel and causes the push.. the tuners with normal carbide are only good when the trails are firm after that good luck LOL.. snow trackers do help a lot on the tuners, I had them on mine and they made a big difference in cornering I only switched to the 2014 viper/pro cross ski because they are a wider single keel ski..

Your best bet is to switch skis..
thanks Fabio, I will with skis once these carbides are gone...this is going to sound stupid but these snow trackers...are they carbides or an attachment to the front of the carbides to break the buildup of snow before the keel rides on the loose snow. Joe

Yamaha needs to update the dash to the modern 7 inch screen so we can have GPS, all different engine gauges showing instead of toggling thru a button. Just like Johnny Skeptical told Ernie....Time to Upgrade!

Yamaha needs to update the dash to the modern 7 inch screen so we can have GPS, all different engine gauges showing instead of toggling thru a button. Just like Johnny Skeptical told Ernie....Time to Upgrade!

Darn Tootin! Those would be very nice upgrades to the gauge package.

I would really like to see Yamaha have their own gauge package like the old Apex used to have.

Koso.JPG

Last edited:
Is there a consensus if there is a front end change where the intercooler is? EPS module with cooling fins is in the nose on Apex but I don't see it taking priority on rad.

Last edited:
This will reel in some buyers, but I personally don't think they need it. My RTX already steers much easier than my buddies Doo.

Was talking to a guy with an Apex on Balsam Lake (Sunday) and he said, when it has power steering I will buy a Sidewinder, so there's a buyer.
Ive never tried the power steering , gotta say, with 5.7 Pilot I don't think about steering effort.
Thanks to RockerDan

You have to remember, power steering isn't ONLY about steering effort. It also isolates the shock coming through the bars.
If you have ever jammed a rock with a ski or had the bars pulled out of your hands on a wheeler you know what I am talking about. Power steering minimizes this.

Back