• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

You have to remember, power steering isn't ONLY about steering effort. It also isolates the shock coming through the bars.
If you have ever jammed a rock with a ski or had the bars pulled out of your hands on a wheeler you know what I am talking about. Power steering minimizes this.
That’s what I miss the most coming off a eps apex to a sidewinder..

....and have someone take the sharp edges off of the plastics!

If your referring to injection molded parts, that's due to low level acceptable criteria from Yamaha / Arctic Cat quality and one or all of the following:
crap injection mold parting line
crap injection mold presses
careless mold set up person

You have to remember, power steering isn't ONLY about steering effort. It also isolates the shock coming through the bars.
If you have ever jammed a rock with a ski or had the bars pulled out of your hands on a wheeler you know what I am talking about. Power steering minimizes this.

So far so good, its been a while since that happened or maybe its my GI Joe KungFu grip..

And hope they added GPS display like Polaris - way cool.

I ride my wife’s Vector once a year to check out everything then I jump on my Sidewinder to do the same and I come up with the same conclusion I need to grease up the steering shaft cause it turns heavy. Huge difference with eps.

Rear axle was changed 2 years ago, top gears fine if you check it in hour preseason maintenance, and what caliper has a problem on a sidewinder?
fxnytrortxkid, don't mind me I'm a little sour about these sleds right now, maybe these Cats are just not for my snowmobile season plans, the first season was just amazing.These chassis are almost more fun in the off season months than the winter months for myself. ( I enjoy doing maintenance but not so much throwing parts at it)
This is totally my opinion
I just hope there listening because for myself, these chassis are getting a little long in the tooth in regards to keeping them together.
Again this is just my take, they are a fantastic if not the best riding machines out there imo.

There is certainly interest in power steering. My mechanical power steering kits have been a big seller for me the past few years.

If the vipers get power steering too maybe there is hope for pure japan electronics on a Viper. Japan ecu, power steering, and a new guage would be nice upgrade.

well i will say its effortless to steer my sidewinder with pilot skis,its better than adding more weight overall

There is certainly interest in power steering. My mechanical power steering kits have been a big seller for me the past few years.

If the vipers get power steering too maybe there is hope for pure japan electronics on a Viper. Japan ecu, power steering, and a new guage would be nice upgrade.

Travis, I must say with your BOP steering arms and Aggressive SnowTrackers on my 5.7 Single keel race skis, I love the easy steering it provides!

And it does not add 40 lbs like the EPS did to the Apex...

Do you have anything for the mountain spindles?

Correct me if wrong. Apex and Vector Powersteering is speed sensitive. Faster you go the less effect the power steering has. Now the damping effect may still be there. So why not just put a steering Dampner on?

I added GSE power steering on my 2up sidewinder, huge difference. I have tendonitis in the elbows that would flare up after long rides...not anymore, don't even have to wear the brace straps. It's a good thing Yamaha is adding it to their sleds. Perhaps they are going to end the Venture TF and just go with the STX-GT and add the power steering to it. Too bad they didn't do this earlier on the GT..I shelled out a chunk of money to buy the unit and then have it installed. I doubt Yamaha will be getting their power steering units from GSE...should be interesting to see what the difference is with the two units. Joe

Sold my SW a month ago....Will never consider another until this is changed
That’s too bad. You sold a hell of a machine over 70$ wort of fixes. Yes it’s stupid to have to do. I agree. I had my dealer do all the fixes for me during the PDI of my 20 ltx le. I’ve had zero issues with the sled and it’s 290HP! Let’s see any other sled out there compare. I’ll wait....

That’s too bad. You sold a hell of a machine over 70$ wort of fixes. Yes it’s stupid to have to do. I agree. I had my dealer do all the fixes for me during the PDI of my 20 ltx le. I’ve had zero issues with the sled and it’s 290HP! Let’s see any other sled out there compare. I’ll wait....
Didn't sell it because of the shitty chaincase design...... But won't buy another with this design.

Power steering will keep people in the sport longer if they have had issues with wrists, arms and shoulders.
:sled1:
My wife gave up the sport due to a bad shoulder, and came back when I bought her a Vector with power steering. People can minimize the importance of power steering, but they haven’t had to give up the sport they love due to a physical disability. Power steering is HUGE for some people.

Back