• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up my 4 wheel kit

Yes true....but this design is well worth the extra cash IMO.....Nothing wrong with j&t but you get alot with this kit.

Since you like to talk so much, why dont you go talk on over to Larson and help get them on the site.. the site doesn't run on love and breadcrumbs.

Also... we've beat the crap out of Todd's kit... AMD unless you are snow crossing.. can't hurt it... its also finished in black instead of bare aluminum...

Ok so my post was just showing detailed pics of a kit I received that I thought was cool and well designed. I had no idea that I wasn’t allowed to post it because the mfg wasn’t an advertiser and I really don’t think it should be that way. Dunno if there is a backstory between you guys but he didn’t strike me a an online saavy vendor in the first place. Requesting that we try to recruit him is fair but the dude sells from a facebook page for chrissakes. This site has been great, I’ve learned a lot, and I went and pledged VIP right away after joining to help support it. But this thread is kinda bumming me out. Mods retitled the thread? People aren’t allowed to give their opinion because it goes against another advertiser? ROCKERDAN might like to talk but his detailed threads are what brought me here and why I immediately paid for VIP.

Ok so my post was just showing detailed pics of a kit I received that I thought was cool and well designed. I had no idea that I wasn’t allowed to post it because the mfg wasn’t an advertiser and I really don’t think it should be that way. Dunno if there is a backstory between you guys but he didn’t strike me a an online saavy vendor in the first place. Requesting that we try to recruit him is fair but the dude sells from a facebook page for chrissakes. This site has been great, I’ve learned a lot, and I went and pledged VIP right away after joining to help support it. But this thread is kinda bumming me out. Mods retitled the thread? People aren’t allowed to give their opinion because it goes against another advertiser? ROCKERDAN might like to talk but his detailed threads are what brought me here and why I immediately paid for VIP.

Your right, it did get out of hand but we have to cautious of plug like this, if we dont check and keep it on the level we will loose the supporters that we have and without VIPs and those supporting Vendors we wont have a great site like this. Thank you for the VIP support. I can fix your title and clean up the thread to remove the rants. If we dont allow new products to be talked about how do we get new vendors to support us. Please message me how you would like me to proceed.

Keep in mind that all user have the right to voice their opinion on products but need to keep it reasonable.

This has been talked about so many times. There is a difference between just saying what you have and why it fixes a issue and promoting sales. I am guilty and get reminded quickly! At least put a plug in for the site if you feel you have to have something not offered by sponsors here. And remember not everyone has the need for what you need.

This Larson kit looks great, and I like their thoughts on wheel sizing for the Sidewinder applications. I feel some of the other wheel kits out there, at 8.5” are too large on our 137” application. They protrude well below the bottom of slides, which can’t be as efficient as stock size. People should know that. Some will run them with “success”, but this doesn’t mean they are correctly sized or most efficient. I have 8.5’s on my Sidewinder 137 and will be reducing the wheel size for this season. Nice to see Larson did their homework on these kits.

Last edited:
This Larson kit looks great, and I like their thoughts on wheel sizing for the Sidewinder applications. I feel some of the other wheel kits out there, at 8.5” are too large on our 137” application. They protrude well below the bottom of slides, which can’t be as efficient as stock size. People should know that. Some will run them with “success”, but this doesn’t mean they are correctly sized or most efficient. I have 8.5’s on my Sidewinder 137 and will be reducing the wheel size for this season. Nice to see Larson did their homework on these kits.

The thinking behind the bigger wheel size, is that there will be less friction/resistance against the skid frame/sliders, thus reducing rolling resistance, and Improving efficiency. I don't know which works better, but I have the JT Stealth wheel set up on my RTX Sidewinder, and it worked great last year...and the wheels are slightly bigger than the stock rear wheels and no issues or inefficiency In my opinion. But to each their own :).

The thinking behind the bigger wheel size, is that there will be less friction/resistance against the skid frame/sliders, thus reducing rolling resistance, and Improving efficiency. I don't know which works better, but I have the JT Stealth wheel set up on my RTX Sidewinder, and it worked great last year...and the wheels are slightly bigger than the stock rear wheels and no issues or inefficiency In my opinion. But to each their own :).
Goood to hear the RTX 129” application works well. Regarding the big wheel theory, my thought is it would make sense to evenly spread load over the length of the slider surfaces rather than concentrate load on the rear axle wheels. My understanding is the rear wheels act as a mechanism to provide track tension, while allowing rotation and side to side adjustment.

Let's be honest, the reason I bought a Larson kit was a few knowledgeable guys here would occasionally mention it in threads when talking about options for replacing the trihub. It peaked my interest, so of course I investigated and I decided his kit was the priciest but had some features I thought was worth it.

But I never would have found the guy if it wasn't for TY and I definitely agree that if he's getting orders from here he should buy an account. Advertising isn't free. I will write him to suggest he becomes an advertiser.

The main reason I want the Larson kit,is the fact he removes the wimpy track adjusters cat decided to use. The larger thru axle can only help the overall toughness of the skid. JMO

Back