• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Seat Torcs screw Solution....

6x1.0 mm thread pitch--I had to do the same thing with my Racewerx thunbscrew. It galled the threads halfway through the year.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screws/=u19v6z

Thumb screws from McMaster-Carr. Filter on the following and you've got a couple options:
inch/metric = metric
thread size = M6
material = stainless steel
with shoulder

Looks like $8 - $14 each depending on length and if you go with a solid or plastic head.

Put the screw in backwards. Latch snaps in place when the seat is put on.

Last edited:
I still can't believe you guys bother spending money on a different screw let alone leave one in. :drink:

It appears to me the seat would stay in place given the way if connects, however it would SUCK to be riding and have it not stay in place! Thus the desire for a simple solution.

There is a dzus kit now for the rear seat. I had the racewerx seat screw and the threads got marred, so I had to replace the seat nut as well. I noticed the replacement nut part for the seat was a better material than the one that was from the factory. I may add the dzus kit.

WOW I must be cheap but no way 49$ for replacement screws................. WOW

anything i can do to my racewerx one to not have it break? already have it would like to not throw it out

anything i can do to my racewerx one to not have it break? already have it would like to not throw it out
coat the threads with an anti-seize compound

Just put half the lugs on your cars wheels. It should hold.
Seriously? What a great analogy. :rolleyes:Put some real miles on the sled and see how things work and what breaks and what doesn't instead of installing all those pretty little trinkets before commenting. :hide::rofl:

Got more than one sled in this chassis that have been ridden more than one easy season with no lost seats. :moon:;)!
I don't know anybody that has lost one but I'm sure someone will chime in and claim they have. :rofl:Buy all the screws you guys want. I don't care. I was trying to help by just saying that the thing stays on very well and have yet to see one pop loose, let alone exit or come loose from any sled in this chassis with no screw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1tp
I hear ya but seats have been stolen at stops, not something I want to risk myself.

That's only reason I put screw in there. Sticky fingers. Worry about my gauge also. Could be removed in less than a minute easy. Would like to see something made to prevent that.

Back