• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Seat Torcs screw Solution....

That is great guys thanks for the installed pics. So with them in place the side panels still align up and set properly?

Actually I had given up on the ski well bolts...trying to get the damn things in. When I put the EVO bolts in I ran a bit through the plastic to align it and now I have the bolts in.

Here's a hardware store solution for about 4.00.
image.jpg

Installed...
image.jpg

I used a screw from a battery post. 10mm and Phillips all in one. Simple. Have never had any trouble with screws for plastic except the ones holding console on under windshield. Those stripped removing them.

The reason I did not go this way was the same reason I have had to buy several finger tightening seat screws for my Harley, the have a habit of vibrating out. Might not on the Viper but not taking a chance.
I sincerely hope this motor runs a bit smoother than a Harley! I do see your point though I'll have to check it periodically to make sure that it's still there.

I purchased the speedwerx bolt, it's some nice bling for the rear!
Check out the first page of this thread where I talk about that screw, it will likely end up with gulled threads as they are aluminum. It was a easy and permanent fix.

I ordered the Evolution Power Sports knurled screw for 19 bucks and it works great. The day it arrived, I found out that Yamaha now has a replacement part (don't know number, but saw a picture of it). It's 29 bucks on the dealer sheet. Should be able to pull it up now as an accessory.

Yah, you're right with the price thing, but when it's -30C and blowin, I don't want to be fishing for a screwdriver if I have to boost it!

Yah, you're right with the price thing, but when it's -30C and blowin, I don't want to be fishing for a screwdriver if I have to boost it!

It's been 1975 since I've had an e start sled so I forgot about the battery being there. That being said I'm too cheap to pay that much for a screw but I won't talk about paying 2000 bucks for a CF fuel tank. Lol

I'm with ya there .......... just ordered a Hurricane turbo and clutching. By the time I'm done with this thing, I'll have to paint it gold!

Back