• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing transfer blocks

Yeah, it is a big difference.

I'm somewhere over Washington state right now, will be back late tonight. I've got a few things to do on my SW this week and then I want to get out and test.

You up for a mid-week ride?

Yeah, it is a big difference.

I'm somewhere over Washington state right now, will be back late tonight. I've got a few things to do on my SW this week and then I want to get out and test.

You up for a mid-week ride?

4sure, I'm actually in town this week for a change. Cooked my sliders yesterday so need to slap on some dupont ones.

Any updates?

again...be careful with the rod out....if running oversized wheel kit...will hit wheels

Mine is getting beat up, marks on the shaft and one of my tabs is slightly bent .

Mine is getting beat up, marks on the shaft and one of my tabs is slightly bent .

Same here. Put blocks back in. Going to machine setting 1 down shorter in the off-season. Not a big enough problem to worry about it now and don't like seeing steel being bent on my brand new sled!

Same here. Put blocks back in. Going to machine setting 1 down shorter in the off-season. Not a big enough problem to worry about it now and don't like seeing steel being bent on my brand new sled!

Can't you just slide rubber over shaft to protect? Are you using the big wheel kit?

Can't you just slide rubber over shaft to protect? Are you using the big wheel kit?

i could, but i think the metal tab will still bend even banging on a rubber covered bar. not using a big wheel kit, so wheels are fine

i could, but i think the metal tab will still bend even banging on a rubber covered bar. not using a big wheel kit, so wheels are fine

So, we could probably weld on a tab similar in size to block? Would help spread the load. Then spray some rubberized coating on that.

Something for me to wittle away at in the off season.

So, we could probably weld on a tab similar in size to block? Would help spread the load. Then spray some rubberized coating on that.

Something for me to wittle away at in the off season.

I like it!! keep me posted on what you come up with??

Mine lasted 2 trips with blocks removed. I had a layer of electrical tape and then some heavy rubber hose over the rod instead. It wore through and I put the blocks back in this morning. Just kept them on #1 setting. I also thought of just grinding the blocks down some, but to be honest it's not really bothering me this way.

1300 miles with the blocks out.. Still looks the same as when I pulled them out.. Stock wheels are fine and transfers just enough to lighten the front end on the rises!

1300 miles with the blocks out.. Still looks the same as when I pulled them out.. Stock wheels are fine and transfers just enough to lighten the front end on the rises!

Did you loosen your limiter strap out to the last hole as well?

Out for some pulls last night with a mod etec and JLR's fancy Nypex. I think my blocks are going back in. I'm a bit past 700 miles now and the rear end has definitely loosened up a bit. Getting more transfer than I need and had to back out of a few pulls.

Back