• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder BTX vs Renegade 850 etec

Right where it belongs.

Do you have the value pack of cups? Please send us some.

Spoken straight from the trailer park .

Typical mentality of a Doo owner that doesn't get his way. (Attacks another forum members directly - that's not cool).

At least you used proper grammar and spelling this time (hooked on phonics must be working - congrats!!)

B
Right where it belongs.

Do you have the value pack of cups? Please send us some.
Believe it or not ,i have more yamahas than i do doos,

Well here's a pic because the thread was worthless without it lol couldn't fit it all in one pic from where in was standing as the sidewinder was a world ahead of the 850 by the 500 ft mark. You can still see the winders roost in one shot.

Attachments

• received_10158435705285475.jpeg
    received_10158435705285475.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 305
  • received_10158435705625475.jpeg
    received_10158435705625475.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 301
Both fast sled's, I think it just comes down to reliability, my buddy's 850 is fast but the crank broke, you'd think he's getting a new motor, nope!, Just replacing the crank.

B

Believe it or not ,i have more yamahas than i do doos,
I have just as many Doo's as I have Yamahas and in the last 13 years I have bought 9 brand new Doo's. I'm sure the 850 is a great 2 stroke sled and if I were into 2 strokes I would probably own 2 of them but I'm not. The problem with Doo and DT is ever since I bought my first 1200 back in 09 there have been many 4 stroke haters. Now you have guys who never owned a 4 stroke saying the 4 stroke is dead because of the 850. Then BRP comes out with this claim of 4 stroke performance and reliability. I say its just marketing and nothing else. There have been many 850 engine failures and you have seen them first hand. The SW has had a few clutch issues that I'm sure will be easy fixes and some belt issues but so has the 850. How many SW's have had engines fail and cranks cutting blocks in half? So much for 4 stroke reliability. The 850 is still a 2 stroke that burns lots of oil and stinks when you ride behind it and that's only one reason I'm on a 4 stroke. 4 strokes aren't for everybody but for me they are preferred because I'm a groomed trail rider and that's all I ride on. I could care less about light weight and throwing my sled around. I love reading guys who have owned nothing but 2 strokes talk about how the 4 strokes beat you up during a long day on the trail. They must be a bunch of pansies because I'm an old guy and never feel beat up because I ride a 4 stroke.

Both fast sled's, I think it just comes down to reliability, my buddy's 850 is fast but the crank broke, you'd think he's getting a new motor, nope!, Just replacing the crank.
That's an dealer issue .We had one of the first that the broken rod cut the motor in half .The dealer had me a new sled ready to go within a week .

Guys,there al so good today,its just now an issue,4 stroke or 2 stroke,like xp123 wrote,he only rides groomed trails,same as myself,so who cares what the weight of it is IMO,and my 08 xpx 800 was a very light fun sled to throw around when I had to,but the front was so light,when going WFO out on a lake or big open field,and a big gust of wind came up,hang on. Now if there 1200 4 stroke had the kind of power our SW,s have,well maybe a new story,but than again,i did have a few belt issues with my doo,and when I was getting rid of it,at 2700 miles I new the lower end was not long for this world,on another note,mine on snow would run 108 gps on perfect conditions,and WO on ice 113 gps,now you want to know what the sspeedo said at 113,120 speedo,so there speedos are not 100% either.

I don't know why you guys are so obsessed with speed on these stock sleds. Stock snowmobiles are slow plain and simple. If you want to go fast buy yourself a streetbike and then you might have something. A stock bike will go faster than any stock sled in only 3rd gear. I have ridden both the 850 and the Sidewinder at a demo and the 850 is a far superior snowmobile as far as ride and handling goes. The Sidewinder is faster but who really cares, it's still not fast in my book. What's the top speed of a stock sidewinder? I don't think it will go 120mph out of the box. And what with all the crazy dyno numbers? I have seen stock ones at 180hp, some at 200 hp. Now there are people saying 220hp on a stock one. Is there really that much of a difference between these sleds or are the dynos that much different? Not much to brag about here. A Sidewinder is nothing more than any other Arctic Cat with a Yamaha motor. Will Yamaha ever make their own sleds again? I would hope so because they were the most reliable sleds on the snow.

Sorry newbie but my sled is stock except for studs and I have hit 120 on mine and it was a lot of fun. Unless you are on a race track or drag strip with your bike going 120 mph your asking for a speeding ticket. That's why I like my sled you can go fast across fields and trails and depending what state you live in you don't have to worry about a ticket just a adrenalin rush.

My pickup truck will do 120. Not that much of an adrenaline rush for me. I had a 2005 Mach Z 1000 that would do 124 on the gun and that didn't seem fast on a lake.

Well here's a pic because the thread was worthless without it lol couldn't fit it all in one pic from where in was standing as the sidewinder was a world ahead of the 850 by the 500 ft mark. You can still see the winders roost in one shot.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...I wonder what words they use to comment/comprehend this lousy 850 showing on the yellow forum? I could only imagine.

This thread has become kinda' ugly so i have to comment on a few issues

1) Ski Doo makes an excellent sled. I would have bought a 1200 if they put 3 injectors on it & gave me 150 hp
-please stop bashing them
2) This site (TY) is THE LEAST biased of ALL the sites i've ever been on
-please stop bashing it
3) Are we really comparing sleds to bikes?
-please stop. It's just.......weird!!!!

I had to check to see if I was on DooTalk. There seem to be a few DT newbies coming on here telling fairy tales. Lots of that stuff going on over there.

Ken, I completely understand your background & I've got Total respect for you.

Jmho.....You're completely bias. 100%!!! plenty of times you've overstated your opinion on DT.

You really should be over there helping out Jamie in the "850 issues" thread. Maybe you guys could start a new "2018" thread to get things going.

Last edited:

Back