• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

I can't see your signature in Tapatalk. Follow what ninja said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sled is almost identical to mine. Set-up I gave you is the same as mine other than I run the 1/4" buried below the 3/4", and I like a 46/40 helix.

Damn, it happened again. Both typing at the same time.

lol. Yes, you both seem in agreement about the tip at least!

Tip: Steel w/ thin washer.
Mid: Aluminum (washer?)
Hell: 3/4 (possibly +1/4)

lol. Yes, you both seem in agreement about the tip at least!

Tip: Steel w/ thin washer.
Mid: Aluminum (washer?)
Hell: 3/4 (possibly +1/4)
That is exactly where I started but found I had to load the heel with 1/4 + 3/4 and mid with 1 thin washer to keep it off rev limiter at launch. Only time I hit it now is when the track breaks loose and it's usually only one or two quick taps. At WOT I am 8950.

Last edited:
Helix in the secondary. I run a Multi angle 46/40 (46 degrees first half and 40 degrees second half) helps to control launch by loading the engine more in the bottom, and speeds backshift. Don't worry about the helix. It personal preference and the stock helix will work just fine and was a little faster top end for me.

So should I just put the 1/4 in the heel now? The only testing I will be able to do is out on the lake across the street, which now has zero snow on it. Now sure how good of a baseline testing grounds that is, and I'd rather not make all my buddies site around while I tweak my clutch kit on our next trip!

You can and it shouldn't hurt. If your RPMs end up a little low, that's okay because these engines have a flat torque curve. A little too much weight is better than not enough which results in over rev. As long as you end up 8600 - 8900 you'll be okay. just don't want to be bouncing above 8950 as you'll get into the rev limiter. You'll need to ride on snow a bit to have a better feel for real world rpm since we don't ride ice all the time.

Thank you so much man!

I didnt think anyone was going to respond tonight, and I was bummed.

Last question and I'll stop buggin ya: I thought the consensus was 6/1 on secondary? Do I still start with 3/3 even on a stock helix?

Thank you so much man!

Last question and I'll stop buggin ya: I thought the consensus was 6/1 on secondary? Do I still start with 3/3 even on a stock helix?
I run at 6-1 I think. 3-3 will give you more speed and a touch lower RPM, but backshift will be a touch slower than 6-1. Again, this becomes preference on how you like the sled to feel.

You can always try both wraps. Changing that only takes a few minutes.

I run at 6-1 I think. 3-3 will give you more speed and a touch lower RPM, but backshift will be a touch slower than 6-1. Again, this becomes preference on how you like the sled to feel.

Tight and twisties through the woods is my drug of choice. Not too concerned about top speed

Thank you so much man!

I'm almost always watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally have the kit installed. With the weather tested time has not come yet. The little bit it did do was in a virgin field. Seemed to go to 9050 off the line spinning and right around 8900 at wot. Hopefully I can get on some packed snow this week. Should I be at a 6-1 or 3-3 wrap. Sled is a 129 standard model no mods.

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Back