• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Production

yamajammer76 said:
cannondale27 said:
Not sure if Yamaha gives ship dates to the dealers havent seen anything other than word of mouth. I did see actual ship dates for the AC's XF7000's oct and rest of 7000's nov. I dont know whether they are making the Yamahas first,same time or last but keep hearing Oct. Had one guy looking at the new catalog with me Pic of the Viper and he said man they should make one look like that! Was happy to tell him they do. We are going to attract some attention this winter for sure!

My Dad was able to do a fall order on a ZR 7000 LXR yesterday and was told to expect it the first part of November. As far as someone saying the Viper was oversold I doubt it since AC opened fall orders on sleds not yet produced (mainly 6000s and 7000s) and a small number of other models that have been built, but not sold to dealers. That tells me they still have capacity to produce more sleds.

If you look at the Arctic Cat production dates for their models there seems to be very few built in September-October. The factory has to be building something so my guess is the Vipers will be running down the line at that time.
Cat,already has some models in house up in Ft. Kent maine,they have been there a couple weeks,now they are zr8000 and zr9000,i don't think they have any of the new zr7000 models yet.

Would they not know which model they pre-sold the most of and build them first ??

DeerHuntr said:
This goes along with what the rep at haydays said. Question is what models get made first
Don't worry, once the sleds come off the line Arctic Cat has them on a semi and gone. It's really fast. No long boat ride....you will be living large....soon.

freelance said:
Would they not know which model they pre-sold the most of and build them first ??
I would have to guess LTX SE as the most popular sale however I was wrong once, well I thought I was but it turned out I was just mistaken.

Agreed I hope the xtx comes out first! :Rockon:
On the same note thou I am kinda unimpressed with the time line on the vipers..... I understand that it is being built on a cat line up BUT should cat be able to have all their new sleds at dealerships before the Viper even gets goin?
How does this help a dealer sell machines? Even if they did one small run so each dealership could have one on the floor. Cats marketing is very good! Every year they seem to have their machines to the dealers first allowing people to see them, sit on them and just get some general hype out there. I know Yamaha is going to build an amazing machine, they ALWAYS do! :yam: Being able to go to the dealership in the fall and sit on one, well shoot I would be jacked up in ways franks red hot sauce never could get me! hahaha Any who off topic again, Bring on the viper!!! It is going be an epic year for all of us!

There is 4 lines at the factory the sleds are build on two lines and when they need the 3rd they will use it my buddy thinks that one line for the cat version and the other for the yamaha one we are going down an take a tour when they start to see them.

yukon yamaha said:
I would like to see how Yamaha units are built, that would be a sweet tour!
It is a really cool tour. Every weekday at 1 pm. There are THREE production lines, snowmobile, ATV, and side by side. There is no separate line for Yamaha sleds. Who in the heck would build a separate line to make a week or two's worth of sleds. There is an excellent write up at Arcticinsider.com. about what has been going on in TRF. Aug 13 edition.

2lapsdown said:
yukon yamaha said:
It is a really cool tour. Every weekday at 1 pm. There are THREE production lines, snowmobile, ATV, and side by side. There is no separate line for Yamaha sleds. Who in the heck would build a separate line to make a week or two's worth of sleds. There is an excellent write up at Arcticinsider.com. about what has been going on in TRF. Aug 13 edition.

I was told face to face with someone who works at Cat and should know that the XF7000 would be built first then the Yamaha's. But hey that could be wrong or change.

stingray719 said:
2lapsdown said:
yukon yamaha said:

I was told face to face with someone who works at Cat and should know that the XF7000 would be built first then the Yamaha's. But hey that could be wrong or change.
My dealer sells both,and they dont have either yet,and he is hearing that the cats first followed by yamaha,in fact they have not recieved even one of there normal yamaha sleds yet,but do in fact have most of there cat turbo and cat 800 two smokes,but no 7000 sleds .

Back