• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to do next to get my 2010 Nytro RTX SE to ride and handle better.

Well when I changed my front shocks back to stock a few weeks ago I also put on the split rail skis and they have transformed my nytro for the better, I can't say enough good on here how well the nytro corners on the trails with the split rail skis, I can ride way harder and safer through the corners with those skis than ever before... coming off an apex for the last 7 years I like the nytro better and willing to spend some money to make it even better so to answer your question I'm thinking of installing the mountain tech 43" + 2" front end in the near future, what I have been reading there kit can only help the nytro for the better...

I too am thinking the Mountain Tech 43' + 2"! I also was looking at the Bar Code design. I like the angle of the shocks on the barcode and the way the top of the shock is bolted on.

I know, I also like barcode design but I only can find there 365 kit which I think is for the mountain sled, do they still make a trail kit for the nytro ?

I know, I also like barcode design but I only can find there 365 kit which I think is for the mountain sled, do they still make a trail kit for the nytro ?
Yes they do I think that is the one that Mr. Sled has on his Nytro!

I have Mountain Tech 43+2: it s a good improvement over stock: corner, bump steer, etc
You can ajust camber and caster and the ball joint are huge compare to stock.

The steering was stil heavy, so I finally change my center spring for a stiffer one; it light up the steering

When I was looking for a new front end kit, I talked with Robert@Star; at that time He told me that the BarCode kit was a way to far (+5) even if it was 43 inch wide, the geometry of the sled will change: it was like ''narrowing'' the front end.

Go with Mountain tech, you won't be disapointed

Thanks Broue for your feedback,
I was thinking the same thing that 5" is a lot to move the skis forward, definitely will go with the mountain tech front end kit...

I have Mountain Tech 43+2: it s a good improvement over stock: corner, bump steer, etc
You can ajust camber and caster and the ball joint are huge compare to stock.

The steering was stil heavy, so I finally change my center spring for a stiffer one; it light up the steering

When I was looking for a new front end kit, I talked with Robert@Star; at that time He told me that the BarCode kit was a way to far (+5) even if it was 43 inch wide, the geometry of the sled will change: it was like ''narrowing'' the front end.

Go with Mountain tech, you won't be disapointed
Brogue, do you have Star relocate 128 to, to go along with Mountain tech front end?

I did the star 129" relocate, hygear slicast a-arms, curve skis, hygear dual rate spring on center shock and had all shocks revalved by hygear for my riding style..This made the sled a totally different machine, planted in the corners, excellent over the bumps no matter if they were stutters or 2ftrs.. Get the hygear dual chamber resi if you have the stock floats, also an great improvement over stock.

But in saying this, I obviously spent big money on all those upgrades to my nytro, my bone stock Axys rides better than my very well modded nytro in any condition you can throw at it.. I hate saying that, but its the truth..

I did the star 129" relocate, hygear slicast a-arms, curve skis, hygear dual rate spring on center shock and had all shocks revalved by hygear for my riding style..This made the sled a totally different machine, planted in the corners, excellent over the bumps no matter if they were stutters or 2ftrs.. Get the hygear dual chamber resi if you have the stock floats, also an great improvement over stock.

But in saying this, I obviously spent big money on all those upgrades to my nytro, my bone stock Axys rides better than my very well modded nytro in any condition you can throw at it.. I hate saying that, but its the truth..
I hope your Axys does do better than the modded Nytro! That sled chssie is what, 3 Polaris generations since the time the Nytro chassie was introduced? I would be very pissed if it wasn't better in handaling and ride!

Hey what is your opinion on the slicast arms? From what I can tell they don't really move the spindles forward. Do we really need to move the spindles forward with the star relocate? The slicast arms are cheaper and maybe just adjusting the camber and caster is all we need to do. What do you think?

Hey did you also have the float X's that you put the dual chambers on or just the floats?

Last edited:
I hope your Axys does do better than the modded Nytro! That sled chssie is what, 3 Polaris generations since the time the Nytro chassie was introduced? I would be very pissed if it wasn't better in handaling and ride!

Hey what is your opinion on the slicast arms? From what I can tell they don't really move the spindles forward. Do we really need to move the spindles forward with the star relocate? The slicast arms are cheaper and maybe just adjusting the camber and caster is all we need to do. What do you think?

Hey did you also have the float X's that you put the dual chambers on or just the floats?

The arms were a definite improvement, they dont actually move the entire spindle forward, just kicks the bottom of the spindle forward and the top backwards. I wasnt getting into another huge bill by purchasing a complete set of a-arms, for the $200 the slicast did the trick for me.

On my nytro I had a SE so I did not have the hygear dual chambers on that sled, I had standard floats on my Phazer and added the dual chamber to that sled, definitely not as harsh in the bumps, they would not spike so hard, added quite a bit of plushness..

I think alot of that is the lighter weight of the Axys. Too bad polaris cant figure out a motor. My buddies 2017 800, 2700kms and it has low compression in 1 cylinder already.

I'm the one who installed the star relocate and the mountain tech front end kit...

Ok it's just that you said my nytro is a xtx, I didn't think Robert made a relocate for the xtx model..

Back