• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to tap in for boost gauge?

Can anyone else chime in here and let us know where the proper spot is to tie in line for boost gauge? Still getting incorrect values, showing too much boost

Thanks

Can anyone else chime in here and let us know where the proper spot is to tie in line for boost gauge? Still getting incorrect values, showing too much boost

Thanks
IMG_2650.jpg

Thanks beerman, thats where mine is as well. but showing higher boost values than what i should have. i believe evo stage 4 is around 14.8 but my guage is showing 16 at just over 3/4 throttle
Hmm, maybe the sending unit, the gauge or even the tune itself. I had initial issues in this location but it turned out to be the sending unit. Got a new one and it was golden and spot on to TD's stated boost.

We run all of our boost gauges off the air box pressure line, reads the correct 14.8/15 psi of boost on the evo stage 4 tunes. Pressure here and at the throttle bodies will always read about 1 psi different. Also won't have the needle jumping around to vacuum all the time if you don't want it that way.
Screenshot_20180110-171949-720x1280.png

We run all of our boost gauges off the air box pressure line, reads the correct 14.8/15 psi of boost on the evo stage 4 tunes. Pressure here and at the throttle bodies will always read about 1 psi different. Also won't have the needle jumping around to vacuum all the time if you don't want it that way. View attachment 135818

Thank you! I’ll try that location!

If you use the tee and add a piece of hose to the air box you can do it without splicing the stock hose in case you ever want to go back to stock and won't need to replace the entire hose for length

We run all of our boost gauges off the air box pressure line, reads the correct 14.8/15 psi of boost on the evo stage 4 tunes. Pressure here and at the throttle bodies will always read about 1 psi different. Also won't have the needle jumping around to vacuum all the time if you don't want it that way. View attachment 135818
Thank you,i think we will t off your location,i did not completely understand your statement about use a t and add a piece of tube to airbox question. The tube that you already have your t onto comes directly out of the box,correct?

If you look in the picture the small tee that the little boost line comes off of is what was added. It was added in line. The hose going to the air box is to a straight barbed fitting. Instead of splicing the main hose, pull it off the air box, add the tee, put the boost gauge hose on the tee and then add a small piece of new hose from the tee onto the air box fitting. This way you can removed the added boost gauge and tee if ever needed and the stock hose length is unchanged. Allowing you to reattach to the air box for stock configuration.

I am still not getting accurate boost readings in this location either and now am getting a CODE 25 at wide open throttle.

I read in another thread that Ben recommends not messing with these hoses, their routing, and adding extra hoses. not sure if this the culprit or not.

I am still not getting accurate boost readings in this location either and now am getting a CODE 25 at wide open throttle.

I read in another thread that Ben recommends not messing with these hoses, their routing, and adding extra hoses. not sure if this the culprit or not.
I would assume you have a separate issue as none of ours with this routing has effected anything. And I have never had the code 25 in these 2 seasons so far. You can try to tee in elsewhere. Or possibly swap gauges sensors with someone and see if the issue isn't with your actual boost gauge/sensor aside from the code 25 you now have. Which points towards a bad connection wire or boost pressure sensor on the sled itself.

Back