• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who wears an electric shield?

Great info, thanks everyone ;)!

I think you can tap into the blue wire that runs to the brake lever switch under the bar pad. That circuit is fused. You could also splice into the backside of your accessory socket and leave it for a gps, cell charger or what have you. It is also fuse protected and doesn't require you to run great lengths of wire.

I like to dangle the cord from the bars like a previous poster because 99 times out of 100 it will simply unplug if you forget and walk away/get ejected. I tried one of the dash mounts once. First ejection destroyed the dash mount doo-hickey.

YMMV

Crewchief47 said:
I think you can tap into the blue wire that runs to the brake lever switch under the bar pad. That circuit is fused. You could also splice into the backside of your accessory socket and leave it for a gps, cell charger or what have you. It is also fuse protected and doesn't require you to run great lengths of wire.

I like to dangle the cord from the bars like a previous poster because 99 times out of 100 it will simply unplug if you forget and walk away/get ejected. I tried one of the dash mounts once. First ejection destroyed the dash mount doo-hickey.

YMMV

Great tips, ones I think I will follow.

Thanks Crewchief ;)!

Irv said:
04JRB said:
I have an HJC IS-16 Scratch with electric shield. Only problem I have had is the yamaha 12v plug does not stay in securely for some reason, and I have blown fuses if I let the pug end touch snow or metal. Otherwise it works a hell of a lot better than my hand warmers, lol.

It has an integral sun shade that comes down easily with gloves (there are many other colors of shade to pick from. Ventilation is above average, and the electric visor does its part, just have to keep an eye on that 12v plug.

I am currently looking at a HJC Surge helmet with an electric shield, glad to hear your happy with your Scratch helmet(haven't written that model off yet)
I can get the Surge for $340 CDN out the door which seems like a decent price even if I was to buy in the U.S.(duty, tax's, shipping etc)

What did you pay for your Yamaha adaptor? Curious as well why it doesn't stay in?
http://www.upnorthsports.com/Product/pr ... 58&pc=2110

Sad that I live 30 minutes from the Canadian border, and I dont know what the current exchange rate is. But I paid $300usd for mine last year. That included the electric shield, two "sunscreens" (hi - def and smoke), the cords required, and a decent sock to keep it in.

The Yammi plug I bought was at a snow show last year. Way cheaper versions out there, but I got in a package deal with the OEM skidplate for $95. The plate alone should have cost a Hundo, but Id say I got my adaptor for free.

It just needs some adjustment, Im sure. But the stuff I said about having the unplugged end of the cord comes in contact with snow or any metal, and I was blowing fuses was true. I kept telling myself it was a safety feature to keep my temper in check (better than a wire that lays near the gas tank doesnt melt and burn my ride to ashes!). Just bought a bunch of fuses and once everything stays dry, it works great.

dont let that plug touch anything while its running, and keep it dry, im sure ill have success with the set up.

Back