• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

Ok. So when you actually sit on the seat...how much more set in do you get? I get another 2 inches. So I'm looking at 5 inches of set in total. That's almost 1/2 travel. That's a lot. I'll call hygear tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback though.

Call Hygear, you installation should have some with info on how to set your set in. I run the Air Shocks and I know the settings are different.

I see the 2016 XTX, which have the Float Evol, don't have the idler wheel, so I guess the hyfax wear isn't that bad..? Birkebeiner

I never noticed more hyfax wear than I did when running both wheels though I ran many more miles removed. I use the DuPont Hyfax. Personally I would not pay Hygear just shy of $100 for the cap just so to keep both idlers on.

That Dupont Hyfax is amazing! Drumz is right. Yamaha should be taking care of you guys. Keep complaining to them.

Take a measurement at the rear bumper with the skid fully extended, lift your skid off the ground and let it drop, you should have 2 inches less, if you sit on it, it will drop another 2 , so a total of 4 inches is normal with this kit installed.

Any chance for another promo for TY members? :)

Birkebeiner

I just added the twisted spring from Hygear to my center shock to enhance the already superb 141 linkage kit and all I can say is WOW! Amazing ride quality now, plush plush yet can smash the biggest mogul sitting on the seat. Super impressed, thx again Hygear for transforming this sled.

I sooo want this kit but not sure I want to spend $410 for it (linkage kit and dual pressure) at the moment. Just spent $825 for a set of QS3s...

Birkebeiner

I sooo want this kit but not sure I want to spend $410 for it (linkage kit and dual pressure) at the moment. Just spent $825 for a set of QS3s...

Birkebeiner
With the 141 linkage with remote res and the twisted spring on Center shock it is just phenomenal in the rough and stutters

I never noticed more hyfax wear than I did when running both wheels though I ran many more miles removed. I use the DuPont Hyfax. Personally I would not pay Hygear just shy of $100 for the cap just so to keep both idlers on.

I just spun both of mine to the outside. A minute a side and done.

I'd be down for some dual pressures for my front if they had a group buy. I'm not holding my breath since Hygear backed out of the last group buy we attempted. Recommend starting a separate thread if you want a group buy and see how much interest is out there. We may be more successful as winter comes to a close and sales drop off...

OK, just purchased front dual camber kit for Fox Float 3 and rear couplier with additional reservoir. Ready to install. I'm 220lbs with riding gear. WHAT should I set front shock and rear shocks at???? My current settings, limiter strap pulled up, 65lbs in front and 130lbs in rear. I also have preload removed front center shock. I mostly ride trails. Again my question, what to set pressure after installation of New Items... Thanks in advance

OK, just purchased front dual camber kit for Fox Float 3 and rear couplier with additional reservoir. Ready to install. I'm 220lbs with riding gear. WHAT should I set front shock and rear shocks at???? My current settings, limiter strap pulled up, 65lbs in front and 130lbs in rear. I also have preload removed front center shock. I mostly ride trails. Again my question, what to set pressure after installation of New Items... Thanks in advance
I dress out at 250 and trail ride. You can go back some in this thread and see what I did for mine and it worked great for me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Could find any of your old posts. Anyone install rear kit WITHOUT removing skid? I've never had good luck removing them. I would rather install with skid in sled if possible

Could find any of your old posts. Anyone install rear kit WITHOUT removing skid? I've never had good luck removing them. I would rather install with skid in sled if possible
I put the 160lb spring on the middle shock snug then 3 turns tighter. Limiter strap stock position added the chamber to the rear shock and started at 200 lbs both chambers. That's what I started with. I did snug up the spring some more to reduce ski pressure.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Back