• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX-1 mountain

Jim yamawheels

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX-1 mountain
I have a 03 rx-1 mountain that I put a 1.25 ripsaw track on it. I have some issues when riding on hard pack trails. The coolant temp indicator comes on. I think it is not getting a lot of snow on the heat exchangers or a sensors is bad. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause if this?

Does it have the auxiliary rear cooler installed?

1.25 won't throw enough snow on front heat exchanger. The 2.5 barely throws enough on hard pack snow.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

it might just be the hard pack. brother has a 04 rx war with 8 tooth extros and a 151" 1-1/4" ripsaw on it with no rear cooler and has not had any overheating problems i am aware of and this is his trail sled. of course he does travel pretty quick with it as the sleds i have owned overheat if going slower than 15mph on avaerage.

Last edited:
Does it have the auxiliary rear cooler installed?
No it does not have an auxiliary cooler on it. Where can I find one and at what cost? Does it mount across the back of the tunnel where the heat exchangers are connected together?

Snow scratchers and the radiator mod are your friends on the mountain. I added the radiator and fan and that took care of 90% of my temp light. I added ice scratchers on the skis and haven't seen the temp light since.

I did. I'm running a 151"x 2" with a blower. I also have a rear cooler. Going down the trail i'm a constant 154*.

I put it on the rear of the extension. You should be able to just replace the cross over tube with a cooler. I am building a 2002 viper now. That is getting a rear cooler from a Switcback put on it.

Just do the Apex radiator install it is easy except bleeding the lines and you can find them everywhere cheap. I also used to install temp gauges in all of my sleds.

mileage temp.jpg

Back