• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX1 Electrical Issue

3wing

So after 2 years in storage (I broke my elbow last December...and the season before that was on Patrol exchange in France) I broke out the sled this fall to get things ready for the new season.

Go to turn the key and the battery appears to be dead (no surprise really). Start the sled easily with jumper cables. The engine runs fine maybe a tad rough and the tach/speedo flash on and off - so I'm assuming that the battery is just completely dead and the alternator is having a rough time running everything. The caution light repeatedly blinked twice slowly and the engine light was on. Eventually the engine died and there is a faint click and buzzing sound when I turn the key.

I charged the battery for 2 full days (charger says it's fully charged). Go to turn the key and nothing happens.

I've checked all of the grounds and fuses (at least the ones that I know of). What else would cause the sled to start fine with jumper cables but not even a faint sign of life from a fully charged battery?
Thanks

If the battery stayed sitting for the 2 years I would start with trying a different battery in there even though you tried with the jumpers. Or get the battery load tested. A bad battery can be put on a charger for days and still be garbage.

yeah - I'm going to try that tomorrow. Was hoping there might be something else simple (and cheaper) than a new battery that I'm overlooking. Guess it gives me a reason to upgrade to a lighter battery... I'll let you know how it turns out with a new battery.

3wing said:
yeah - I'm going to try that tomorrow. Was hoping there might be something else simple (and cheaper) than a new battery that I'm overlooking. Guess it gives me a reason to upgrade to a lighter battery... I'll let you know how it turns out with a new battery.

If you don't have another battery to hook up to eliminate having to buy a battery get it load tested, that should tell you if it is good or bad and may save you the cost of the battery...

Load tested and failed... ordered a new yzt10s and am moving it to the belly... hopefully it starts right up with the new battery.

Never heard of either of those things - it has almost no gas left in it - (in fact the gas light just started blinking last time it was running). Is startron like stabilizer? I did put ISOheat in the tank... I'll google the stuff and see what you're talking about. Thanks for the advice.

Back