• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 rx1 seat

searsnathan

I just picked up my new rx1 at the begining of this season.. when i first got it it had an antifreeze leak..i fixed the leak and should have replaced the battery but thats neither hear or there. i just took it for a ride last night for the first time and so far love the sled. the only thing i would like to change is the ride height. i would like to either ad foam to my seat or get something that rides up a little higher. so far ive seen a few on ebay but the prices are kind of high. can someone on here please guide me in the right direction to modifying my seat or a good price on a decent seat. also does anyone know if an 09 nytro seat would fit my 04 rx?
thanks in advance for any help.

most of us switched to an 05 RX seat, sits higher and more firm. Since then most have switched to the Apex seat. There are many used parts vendors on this site.

What r the specs on the 05 seat. How much higher does it sit? Or would I be better off modifying my own or going with the apex

What r the specs on the 05 seat. How much higher does it sit? Or would I be better off modifying my own or going with the apex

09 Nytro Seat will not fit on an RX. Best mod is to find a Mountain Apex Seat. They are firmer than a regular Apex seat. You might get lucky and find an 06 RS Nytro Seat. That year they were called Nytro but they were built off the RS chassis and were also a bit firmer than an Apex seat.

Don't bother with the 05 RX1 seat...go straight to an Apex seat.

I lucked out, and was able to score a warrantied Apex seat from my dealer for $100.

It had about a 1 inch split in one of the seams. It also had the blue stripe and I have a red warrior.

Another $100 at the local upholstery place, and I had a fully black Apex seat (including fixing the split seam).

Most RX1 owners do the Apex seat and a handlebar riser as well. I liked the look of the Apex rear light so I did that and the trim too but the parts do not fit the same so I learned a few things in the thread below. If you go with a 2-3" riser you will need longer choke and throttle cables but the brake lines can usually be re-routed.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Go right for the Apex seat, I have an 03 and an 05 Rx1, the Apex seat compared to the 05 seat is no comparison, I went from not being able to move after riding to being able to ride my 03 harder than any sled I have before. Helps absorb the bumps, feels better to sit on, just all around the best thing you can do to an Rx1.

I just put the foam block on the seat, and began trimming until it looked how I wanted. Used a electric bread knife, worked perfectly. Much firmer, and a lot more comfortable. Also added 3in risers.

I have an 05equivalent rx seat with no rips or tears if interested.

IMHO, the apex seat is not at all as sporty looking as the OEM, it just doesn't look like it was made for the sled. The tip up on the OEM seat is what sets it off. I personally think they are ugly. I am 50 years old, overweight, and out of shape, i've never been worn out or spent on my 05 seat, even on 250 mile days. I am usaully ready to go back out at night and ride some more.

do what ever you like, its your sled. You have several options, the cheapest and easiest is to add foam to your current seat. That way you can make it, and adjust it to your riding and comfort.

Back