• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Rage for my wife?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
I am looking at a 05 rage for my wife and wondering if there are any real known problems? Her old sled was a 97 v max xtc so I am sure this would be a huge upgrade. I have always searched my fx nyro so not very familiar with the rage or vector line up.

Any thoughts would be great!! :jump:

Brian

Sizewise, it's a lot bigger sled. My wife's sled is a 2002 V-Max 600 and it feels tiny to me compared to my Rage. If she doesn't do a lot of off trail riding, she should be ok but even then the steering effort is going to be quite a bit more the V-Max due to the heavier front end. There is quite a step up in power and fuel economy vs the old 2-smoker but there is also a service bulletin for the Rages to have a potentially faulty cam chain tensioner (check the top sticky post in this RS section for details). That's some of the more "serious" issues I can think of off the top of my head...

If you can find one cheap enough I would hold out for a 2008 Vector LTX, It has the 136" track with the MONO suspension. way better than the CK136, the Cam tension-er is updated , the MONO is reinforced. and its in the Apex chassis, much better seating position. My wife has a 600XTC V-max and when we go out she loves to drive my Vector !

The best thing you can do is put on a pair of KIMPEX Arrows and shim the ski's . The steering will be light and they track unbelievable.

Good luck ! hope you find something nice. If she is happy then it works out better for you!

I bought the sled and the Cam chain tensor was replaced but.....I asked how the sled idled and he told me it was cold blooded???? :die But instead I think the timing is off :o| :o| :o| He was not a member of our site and he screwed it up!!! :o| :o| :o| This proves again just how much good info there is on here!!! I want to give a BIG THANKS to ALL who make this such a GREAT site for all the information you need to prevent a lot of problems later!!!

LET IT SNOW!!! :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

Not saying there is nothing wrong with the sled but he was telling the truth when he said coldblooded I believe.

Carb Vectors do not like to run well when cold has been my experience. Once they warm up they work like a top.

They also may be real hard to start when left sitting for awhile.

Pressurize the fuel tank and carbs by blowing in the vent line if it doesn't start right away.

Back