• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RAGE RECALLS???

NOMOREBRAHPP

Veteran
My dealer is not being very helpful with answering my questions re service updates on my 05 RAGE. I never had a tors problem so he said I didnt need the new electrical parts. I thought all 05s were suppose to get them?? Kinda blew me off on fixing the clutch rattle, and said he would of contacted me if I was suppose to get a jackshaft update?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on theese issues?

thanks Dave

Dave, If you would do a search there is info regarding the updates. One thread has the serial#s listed which cover the jackshaft replacement. My dealer has told me all 05 RS will have cdi replaced. Regarding the clutch fix he has told me the update parts are on backorder which Ihave a hard time believing as the problem is a year old. According to the serial #s my Rage falls into the jackshaft fix but my dealer would not say if Iwas covered when asked. I will talk to him again this week. I hope this helps you out. You're dealer should know if you need the jackshaft replacement when he enterd youre vin #on his computer. :rocks:

My dealer told me that they wanted to replace all the CDI units on the 05s. The dealer should fix the clutch rattle if the owner wants it..One more thing to check..A few 05s had a problem with the shafts.. This must be fixed if your sled is effected by it. MM.

When I got mine a few months ago, my dealer said that all RS sleds got a new CDI box. I asked if he knew anything about the clutch rattle fix, or the jackshaft replacement. He said that they had not heard about them. I said that I know that there are service bullitens on them and stood there and made him look everything up on that sled. You don't have this option, but I told him there is no way I am cutting the check until they look everything up and make sure that all three fixes are done. So we looked through the web site and found everything and got it all ordered and fixed before I picked it up and gave him a check for the full amount.

Don't worry about showing a little aggression and making sure you are happy with your sled. That is a lot of money to spend and not get what you should.

I think I found the serial # post for my rage ,looks like 003329 to 004263 need the jackshaft .Mine does not fall into that group . You are right Y1 i need to get in the dealers face about the cdi and the clutch rattle.

Thanks Dave

That's weird.....my serial does not fall into those numbers, yet the dealer said my sled is included and is doing the jackshaft right now.....

NOMOREBRAHPP said:
My dealer is not being very helpful with answering my questions re service updates on my 05 RAGE. I never had a tors problem so he said I didnt need the new electrical parts. I thought all 05s were suppose to get them?? Kinda blew me off on fixing the clutch rattle, and said he would of contacted me if I was suppose to get a jackshaft update?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on theese issues?

thanks Dave

Just tell him you had the tors go off then you will get the new cdi. I never had a problem with mine then at 600 miles bingo was there, Just get it takencare off, If he will not do your clutch noise , then call Yamaha or take it to another dealer, The problem with some of the dealers they just like to take in money and no service. its a package deal.

Thanks guys ,I thought I had a good dealer we will see he gets one more chance.

TO GNIP134
I cant say the ser#s I posted are 100% accurate I found them on an old post on this site. According to that post the range of #s are diffrent for rages,vectors and ventures.The #s I posted are for the rage only.

Well, when my dealer plugged in my number, the 3(CDI, Clutch, Jackshaft) came up.....so.....I guess it can't hurt to be safe anyways. I saw another post on here that said the serial numbers started as low as 000889.......and mine is 000993......
:)

Back