• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RS Venture Front suspension

Wilson

Expert
I have 11000 Km on my 05 Rs Venture and all the bushings are worn out for the second time .Has any one come up with some thing that will last in there. I am thinking of installing grease nipples but don't like the mess it would leave . Any thoughts on this ?

When replacing my bushings I found that only the bottom ones in the bulk head were bad .I only replaced the bad ones .If I would have left it much longer it would have worn into the bulk head that is a $2000.00 part .The RX1 ,Rage and Vector all use the same bushings .If you own one you can check them by jacking up the front and then lifting up on the ski. Replacing the bushings moved my left ski forward 3/4 of an inch. This should restore my handling to normal.

Thanks for the info Wilson. As you have so many miles ,it gives the rest of us things to watch out for when you post them.I will check mine today.

I tried Royal Distributing they don't have kits for the new sleds yet. If you
just do the four bottom ones in the bulk head its not to bad about $30.00
and it is easy .This is the second set for me .

I installed grease fittings in mine and still like new (4000 miles). The mess is not much. Just wipe it off with a rag when you see it push out the ends. If you install grease zerts and lube regularly, you will probably never replace them again.

Had mine apart at 8000 km this summer and still very tight. 05 Vector ER. They were dry and no grease in sight. When I reinstalled them I packed them with grease as there is a lot open area between the bolt & tube. I know some people have been having wear problems so I have been constantly checking for play since new.

Oak Hill said:
I installed grease fittings in mine and still like new (4000 miles). The mess is not much. Just wipe it off with a rag when you see it push out the ends. If you install grease zerts and lube regularly, you will probably never replace them again.

Do you or can you take pictures of this?

i ended up making some bronze bushings and zerked the venture and rx1, the grease doesn't leave a mess as long as uoi're not over filling the chambers. we'll see how they hold up (i'm sure a lot better then plastic) when i look'em over in the spring

Back