• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 SHOCKS

puckmaster013

I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING NEW FRONT AND REAR SHOCKS FOR MY 05 RX1 AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT THE BEST SHOCKS ARE. I WAS LOOKING AT THE FOX FLOATS FOR THE FRONT AND THE FOX MEGA FLOAT FOR THE MONO. IS IT WORTH CHANGING THE STOCK SHOCKS TOO...MINE ARE DUE FOR A REBUILD SO I WAS CONSIDERING JUST TRYING SOMETHING NEW.

I went with olins on my 05 war when I upgraded them. rebuild would probably be cheaper but the ride might be better with the fox shocks. I do know I liked mine more with the olins once they where set as they would not fade as much on one of my usual runs.

I ran the ohlins on all 5 of my rx's and loved them in concert with the 13 mm sway bar and simmons skis it was on rails

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 427
puckmaster013 said:
I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING NEW FRONT AND REAR SHOCKS FOR MY 05 RX1 AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT THE BEST SHOCKS ARE. I WAS LOOKING AT THE FOX FLOATS FOR THE FRONT AND THE FOX MEGA FLOAT FOR THE MONO. IS IT WORTH CHANGING THE STOCK SHOCKS TOO...MINE ARE DUE FOR A REBUILD SO I WAS CONSIDERING JUST TRYING SOMETHING NEW.

Typing with caps on is looked upon as yelling in social forums and the internet as a whole. Just saying for your information.

What model RX-1? Fox floats are hard to find anymore unless it's a mountain sled. I tried to find a set for my RX-warrior but could not find a new set that were 17.5" center to center. I ended up getting a used pair and I love them and the 6lb weight savings was an added bonus.

Sled Dog said:
puckmaster013 said:

Typing with caps on is looked upon as yelling in social forums and the internet as a whole. Just saying for your information.

tumblr_m4vmwbto6z1qj3ir1.gif

puckmaster013 - welcome to the site.

The Fox shocks are great if you're able to get hold of the front shocks. Ohlins are better but cost a lot more.

Would you please add Your location to Your userprofile, site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

A good rebuild/revalve will do wonders for your suspension on your 05 and IMHO will give you the best overall ride over the floats and also will last longer with no maintenance. Floats need air chambers serviced regularly for best performance. Its easy to do but most guys don't.

If you just want to upgrade something putting an apex seat on and risers helps the RX out allot.

i just put a set of fox float R Evol on my 05 rx-1 there for a 08-13 fx nytro rtx/xtx..there 17.5 inches long .the only thing i had to do was mount them with the evol chamber toward the front of the a arms not the rear still with evol chamber on bottom as recommended,,,,

Back