• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Vector converting to tall seat-question about handlebars

4strokeluvr111

Please stay between the markers!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Bought a new 05 Vector which I still have
24K miles
I'm in the process of replacing my stock Vector seat with a tall seat from a 2006 Apex. My question to the folks out there who have already done this mod is:

Will I be happy with using the stock bars from the Vector?

Or should I go to a bar from a Nytro or Apex?

...and why?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm actually pretty excited about the upcoming season due to this seat change. I admit my sled was getting a bit "boring" but I just can't get myself to pull the trigger on a new(er) Vector LTX with power steering! :o|

I put an Apex seat and 3" bar riser on several years ago and love the change. I kept the original bars and don't see a real need to change them but others have. This mod makes the sled sooo much better. Two years ago I stretched to 136 and an m20 and Ice Ripper. The sled is Sweet now.

Geezer

I installed an apex seat on an 03 Rx1,added 3 inch riser to the bars.
The difference is amazing,just like driving a new sled.
A bit colder on the face,but you will enjoy the ride,and your knees and back will not hurt after a days ride.
Be careful where you pass the throttle cable,as it might accelerate when you turn the steering.

Enjoy.

Back