• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Vector Shop Manual

ktjames

Anyone tell me where I could download a shop manual for an 05 Vector
I need to replace my stator and don't want to go in blind.
;)!

I dont know were you can download one but you can buy the cd on ebay for about 15 bucks I printed it out it was over 500 pages .STEVE

Thanks guys. I ended up taking it to the shop to replace the stator which I had tested as bad. Big bucks to replace. $324 for the part and more for the labor. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to fix it myself right now and I want to spend my next weekend on the trail and not in my garage. We'll see if the shop comes through and gets it back to me on time. I'll be seriously bummed if they don't. I can't believe yamaha isn't fixing this as a recall issue. Pretty much disolves any savings you would get by owning a 4-stroke with the thought that you have minimum maintenance issues until 10k + milage point. Definately a design faw when the stator is melting the insulation off the wires/widings. I would check this out to be sure it has been remedied before I put up any cash for a newer model Vector as well as any other models that use this stator design in the engine.

Thanks again for the help,
Kyle

Back