• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05/Vector:Which is the better ski? Simmons or C&A

sled100

I'm new to snowmobiles. This forum is great. I've learned a lot but after reading the preferences of others on aftermarket skis I'm still not really sure which skis to buy.Which one is really the better ski? Simmons or C&A. I ride a lot of stubble fields, some trail riding and also run on the lake. What are the pros and cons of each or are they equal? I want the vector to handle better then what the stock skis are giving. Thanks in advance.

The positive with the Simmons is that they float extremely well, so they stay on top of the snow better and don't break through crusty snow until you're moving SLOW (ie - it keeps you from going into a dangerous roll at 60-70 mph). The negative is that they can sometimes push in the corners a little more than a single-bar ski. This is usually only when there is some extremely loose / fresh snow over hardpack. They are EXCELLENT off-trail.

The C&A is a better extreme corner carver from what I have heard but it could be a bit darty.
My 3rd year on Simmons reminds me that darting is a thing of the past. They corner a lot better than the stock skis. With 6"carbides on both sides it can be a little difficult to turn the handlebar. Get in a little fresh powder such as on a lake and they float so well that they might give you a little more top end. I like that they are flat on top and they dont trap snow and water/ice so they always look good. They have a cool little optional attachment that shoots snow on the coolers and hyfax.
I'd have to say that the Simmons are the most popular aftermarket ski with the guys on this site by a wide margin.

Had simmons with 6 inch carbides and they were nice for deeper snow plus hard pack trails. Inside bars seem to wear more than the outside ones. pushed in corners in looser snow conditions. Deeper keel designed skis will carve better in loose conditions but they will tend to grab a path and dart more on trail. No one ski is ideal for all conditions.

I have Simmons on my Rage. I love them. They track great, no darting. They also do very well in corners. They do steer a litlle harder than stock ski's but it's worth the extra effort. I would never have anything but Simmons.

Back