• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Grizz rear oil seal seated depth?

YooperMike

Country
USA
I had a weeping rear diff oil seal, on the left rear output shaft. Tore it apart yesterday, and the seal looked a little mangled/worn. I pulled it without checking how far in the old one was seated. How far in from the outside lip of the case to the outside of the seal is it supposed to be seated? That bugger was tough to get in, and I put it in as far as I thought it would go before warping. Looking at it from the rear, there's still about a 1/16th of an inch of the rubber sticking out (for a lack of better words, rubber flapper thingy), that I'm assuming, rides against the axle dust cover (there was a very faint groove worn in it). The hard exterior of the seal, is probably a 1/16th inside the lip of the case. Think I'm ok? Or do I need to take it back apart and beat on it some more to seat it further? I did buy another, just in case I messed things up.

Aftermarket seal or oe? Usually outside of the seal flush to the case is normal in my Experiance.

Back