• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 RS Venture won't start, need ideas???

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Venture
I recently changed out the battery on my 06 RS Venture and thank all of you who gave input on that post a few weeks ago. After installing the battery I tried to start it up, it just clicked, never popped or anything. I changed out the plugs last night and we're still no further ahead, it's still just clicking and not firing up.

Looking for suggestions as to what would be the next best place to check to see if we can get it to start.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

jump across the starter solenoid and see if it cranks over.

check this thread http://ty4stroke.com/threads/starter-gears-and-one-way-clutch.150516/
my 2009 Vector just did this, thought it was the battery, wasn't and I took out the starter to find all 4 magnets loose and 2 teeth broken on the idler gear. I found 1 broken tooth so far, will be using a small magnet as per Grizz's advise this week.
Happy times!
Oh, idler gear, yamaha starter (not what I will use) and oil change kit in Ontario costs $ 1,000.00!

green53, you might regret the aftermarket starter. bro put one in last year and he had to replace it this year as it failed just after warentee was up.

I am using the Rick's Enterprise one made in the US, supposed to be the good one, not the chinese one.
I will not buy another Yamaha one and risk gear damage again.
Thanks.

I'm going to go through the fuses and check the relay this week. I saw a post about testing the relay by putting your finger on it while turning the key and it felt like it was clicking. If the fuses are all good then we're going to check the starter out, I'm thinking it's good it's turning over and the primary is spinning it's just not firing

Back