• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 BARS DISCONTINUED????

RED800

Expert
i ordered the 07 bars,but after rewiring my rtx bars i didnt need them.went to the dealer and got some other things and told him i dont need the 07 bars,he said they discontinued them anyways,u cant get them..mechanic also said becareful about wiring the 06's your sled will start sputtering,becuz of so much voltage??.he said,"just what yamaha told me"..

RED800 said:
also said becareful about wiring the 06's your sled will start sputtering,becuz of so much voltage??.he said,"just what yamaha told me"..

TUFF! I'll take my chances with the "sputtering"!!!! As long as my hands are warm..I'm gonna keep my 06 bars wired in the 07 harness until Yam gets the cold hand warmers figured out.

Rode the last 3 days with no "sputtering"...........600 miles so far and no issues.

GE ;)!

It's all lies....I spent all last season with 06 bars wired in to my 07 RTX without a problem except for my hands almost burning off. Also I just got a new set of 07 bars about a month ago. Only problem going with 07 bars is that apparently the heater element and stuff is $111 Canadian each, luckily my dealer called it warrenty work and I only had to pay $20.

Check out this thread still going from last season. This has been hashed out for months and months, and some of guys on TY have experimented with tons of different stuff, and they have the handwarmer problem figured out. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=38153
There have been far more knowledgable minds at work on this than mine, so read up!

i know all about the wiring guys,just letting u guys know what dealers think about it along with yamaha.

I have an 07 RTX and the hand warmers suck as well.
Are there any problems with putting 08 bars on a 07 sled? Will the hand warmers get warm then?

Mikey said:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=38153

read this....

I had read that before. I was wondering if the 08 bars had the same problems as the 07s. The 06 bars are hotter because there is less resistance on the grips than the 07. In 07 they were wired in parallel and in 06 they were in series. My question is are the 07 and 08 bars the same resistance or did they fix the problem in 08. I will get 08 bars if they will fix the problem. I want the bar hooks to be heated as well.

Back