• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Sleds

b bulldog

I've been told by a few people not to buy an 06 because in 07, Yamaha is going to blow everyone away with more new stuff. While I don't need to have the best sled EVERY YEAR, it concerns me that if I spend $9000 OTD on a RTX, that next year it may be somewhat outdated already. I've also heard that next year will be a turbo and more sleds in the Apex chassis.

I'm thinking about buying my sled from Hauck Powersports and having it piped and clutched right away. They said the pipe should give it 10-14h.p. and have a 14lbs. weight reduction. Their clutch kit alone(price included with sled price) will give it 5 lengths in 1000 ft. I'm also wondering what everyone thinks about getting the extended warranty. Four additional years for $500. I'm leaning towards the single year that comes with the sled.

I am a new Blue rider that is switching from the green sleds. I recently baught my wife a 99 Phazer for $1600(1100 miles) and baught a 88 Phazer for the kids.(2200 miles $500)

What should I do to summerize the Phazers? :yam:

Welcome aboard. Everything changes, so buy what you want and the heck with the rest. Also, seeing is believing, don't believe everything you hear.

I'd be very suprised if the apex, and attack get any major updates.

Expect the Nytro in the new body style and and update to the vector body. Other than that perhaps an entry level sled and you're looking at 07.

Ther isn't an aftermarket pipe that makes 5 HP for these sleds much less 10+. Only pipes I have heard on the trail are much louder than 2-stroke tripple pipes and don't even sound good - just help to close more trails down.

As for the clutching, their gains seem a bit optimistic.

There will be something new and exciting almost every year. That is how Yami keeps selling more and then flooding the used market with the guys upgrading. Rumor has it they had the FI ready last year but why add it then knowing that the Mono was enough to get a lot of people into an 05.

I don't now of anybody that is getting that kind of HP increase with pipe, suggest you hold off on that one. Most benefits with pipe is reduced weight and sound, HP increase minimal, not a 2 stroke.

How do they know advantage with clutch kit if they have never run a production sled yet ???? Save your bucks and ride it first while everybody tests their clutch kits.

Typical aftermarket hype before the sled is even in final production !!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Jim

Welcome to the site :rocks:
Scratch the need for the extended warranty, it's a Yamaha :yam:
Don't buy the hype on that much HP from a pipe, it aint gonna happen :ORC
As far as waiting for the 07's, when is the best time to pull the trigger? 08, 09 :ORC

Personally, you MAY get 2 Hp ea from pipe, intake, and computer just my humble $.02
Yamaha is on a 3 year cycle. Next big change will be 09
I dont know what else they can give us at this point, I feel that 07 will be some refinements.

Welcome aboard!

'06's Rock :yam: :4STroke: :Rockon:

I seriously doubt you're going to see that kind of an increase with a pipe. Are you sure you really need all that stuff? Have you even ridden one stock yet? If your the type of guy who changes sleds like you change your socks, then a 5yr warranty isn't necessary, and performance add-ons won't get you a dime at trade-in time. JM2C's

b bulldog, just a general observation. Mods to the sled=harder to justify the extended warranty. Makes it easier for the manufacturer/ dealer to say no! IMO RR

Thanks for all the help, I just ordered my RTX without the warranty and I'm just going to have the clutch kit installed. I paid $8662 with the kit, plus tax.

I was wondering how many of you ever ride in the Mercer WI area. I have a place up there and was wondering what you think of the area. I plan on doing some riding on April 2, hopefully the lake will still have some snow on it. I'm going to pick up my boys Phazer and teach him how to ride. He is 6 years old, I thought the Phazer would be better than a 120. Those 120's are so small and he'd outgrow it real fast. :yam: :yam: All he keeps talking about is his Phaser.

price

That price is amazing. I've talked to 3 dealers so far and no one has been that good. Last one gave me a price of $9,350 (that's for reverse included.)

Back