• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 MTX Darting

Riverracer

Hey fellow sled heads any sure fixes for the trail studder bump darting I am experiencing and have heard alot about? I rode a 08 Phazer yesterday and it tracked straight as an arrow, I believe they are the same skis are they not. Anyone try the Simmons gen 2's ? Thanks Jeff

i have tried almost everything with the stock skis and suspension to get it to track. the only thing different we did to the wife's was install powderhounds. hers needed alittle more ski pressure for turning but, tracks straight and has nice trail manors.

i opted to listen to the short track guys and ordered a set of skidoo pilot 6.9 summit skis to see if that will help mine. i have not installed them yet as i am waiting for delivery of them. if these dont work, i will order another set of powderhounds knowing i can tune them for my style.

the sled is like riding a bull on the trail the head doesent know where it wants to go and when it gets there it doesnt want to be there. i feel your pain brother, 400 miles i have been tuning and cant figure it out. the yamaha mountain skis work well on the apex's, vipers, ect.... but seem to not work with the full rider forward platform of the fx nytro. ski

Thanks, I spoke with my friend who has a 1000 Ski do he had the same problem and the wide simmons fixed it. @ $440 I may try a few things then roll the dice. J

I experienced the same for the first couple rides. The skis are agressive. However, I towed it a 1/4" on each side and it mellowed it out. Try it and see if it helps. Try turning the shocks up?

ok i put a 9 inch big wheel kit on my nytro mtx and it changed the rear suspension alot made it stiff whitch is good but now she darts real bad on the trails.. its got alot more ski pressure then before so what can i do besides changing the skis what about the duce bar from stud boy will that fix it and what length carbide is best....

Nicsal where did you get your wheels an axle from ?? A pic would be great.. Im looking at some 9 inch wheels as well just waiting for my 162 track and rails ext...

NicSal said:
ok i put a 9 inch big wheel kit on my nytro mtx and it changed the rear suspension alot made it stiff whitch is good but now she darts real bad on the trails.. its got alot more ski pressure then before so what can i do besides changing the skis what about the duce bar from stud boy will that fix it and what length carbide is best....

cOULD BE WONG BUT YOUR 9" WHEELS MAY HAVE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE TIPPED UP RAILS CAUSING MORE SKI PRESSURE???? :moon:

nitro express so what do u think i should do new skis or is there a carbide on the market that will work ??? and jrusher the big wheel kit was bought form mountain machines sorry no pics at this time but it looks awesome just a little pissed on how it made my mtx dart bad i and it also shortend my track like 3 inches but looks awsome....

Back